My"Thud"(F-105G Thunderchief) FINISHED

Volture

Hi to all,,

Hope all of you to have a great month...and my October started with the "camo weekend".....

As you can see at the photos....all the basic colours of the Vietnam war camouflage are painted on this beast....two days of masking and over masking...and yesterday night the masks are away...i hope the result is good enough...

what do you think?

Regards

Philippos

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

I think it looks pretty good. Just a couple of observations.

On one hand, i don't know how "Sharp" the separation between colours should look on a 32nd scale model compared to the real thing.

On the other hand, remembering back to my days building 48th scale Monogram Thuds, i remember that the mid-wing configuration made masking off and painting the camo pattern a lot more difficult than painting an F-4 (Especially with the ECM pods on the fuselage sides), so who am I to judge?

Bottom line- looks great. Pay careful attention when installing the main gear legs. A lot of modelers finish theirs with the struts toeing -in when viewed from head-on. The struts have a forward rake when viewed from the side but should be perfectly vertical. I think this had to do more with the engineering of the kit with a built in anhedral of the wing (which i don't think the F-105 has), rather than builder error.

Others no doubt know more. Keep on Keeping on!!

david

I think it looks pretty good. Just a couple of observations.

On one hand, i don't know how "Sharp" the separation between colours should look on a 32nd scale model compared to the real thing.

On the other hand, remembering back to my days building 48th scale Monogram Thuds, i remember that the mid-wing configuration made masking off and painting the camo pattern a lot more difficult than painting an F-4 (Especially with the ECM pods on the fuselage sides), so who am I to judge?

Bottom line- looks great. Pay careful attention when installing the main gear legs. A lot of modelers finish theirs with the struts toeing -in when viewed from head-on. The struts have a forward rake when viewed from the side but should be perfectly vertical. I think this had to do more with the engineering of the kit with a built in anhedral of the wing (which i don't think the F-105 has), rather than builder error.

Others no doubt know more. Keep on Keeping on!!

david

Thank you David.....i need your judge and observations....your experience is very precious to me....so i will check it out twice and i will try to correct it if that need it...

i did what i did because i thought it was a mixed type of edges in real thing

Thank you so much again David

Thank you David.....i need your judge and observations....your experience is very precious to me....so i will check it out twice and i will try to correct it if that need it...

i did what i did because i thought it was a mixed type of edges in real thing

Thank you so much again David

The way i see it, go with what you see in actual photos. If its fuzzy, its fuzzy. If its sharp, its sharp. You can't do better research and be faithful to the real thing than that.

-d-

Hi my friends 

After more closer reasearch about the camouflage and the edges of the colours....i decide to make them softer and blendin!!i use for the first time in my life this airbrush the sotar 20/20 ....a very difficult in use airbrush because of some splits .....anyway....with that project i learn more things than i expected..!!Also i did a panelling to give debth and weathering effect to this aircraft!!!

Regards

Philippos

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

The paint came out awesome ! Are you going to weather it heavy ?.........Harv :popcorn:

Thank you mr Harvey....!!no i dont weatheri it heavy....i will try to make an aircraft of 1972...so the weathering will be on places