Review: Lukgraph 32-03: 1/32 Curtiss F7C-1 Seahawk

LSP_Kevin

Guest Peterpools

Kev
Excellent review and thank goodness another wonderful large scale kit kit from my favorite period of aviation: The Golden Age - The Between the War Years. I've purchased all three of Lukgraphs kits ( will be doing a review of the Sperry Messenger this week) and am thrilled with all three kits. My kits have wonderful details and the reinforcing rods in the wings and struts are an welcome touch. As soon as I finish my underway projects: The Jug and Spitfire, the plan is to clean the bench and enjoy building the F7C-1 Seahawk.
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks for the review Kev !

A great kit with no doubt. I really love their "between the wars" subjects.

I hope to start mine at the end of the year, but hem, i already said that for about 3 or 4 other kits...

Edited by Zero77

I might have just been "lucky" but the parts on the kit I received seem a bit cleaner (more flash-free)  that those in your photos.  At any rate, I definitely recommend the three 1/32 subjects released so far and look forward to Lukgraph's upcoming between the wars subjects.

Very cool subject, but the quality of the casting needs some work. The moulding seams on the engine cylinders look quite prominent, and the panel lines definitely need filling, sanding and re-scribing, far more finely.

Not quite Silver Wings quality.

Very cool subject, but the quality of the casting needs some work. The moulding seams on the engine cylinders look quite prominent, and the panel lines definitely need filling, sanding and re-scribing, far more finely.

Not quite Silver Wings quality.

I dont want to discuss which one is better between Lukgraph and Silver Wings, but all i can is that i have a lot of SW kits and 2 Lukgraph kits, that i'm building a P-6E and made a quick in-box review of the F-7C a few weeks ago, and the surface details and engraving quality is quite similar.

And like Ron, it seems that my kit had a slightly better moulding than Kev's one. At least no one can say that Lukgraph would cheat selecting the better parts for the review !

I don't want to discuss which one is better between Lukgraph and Silver Wings...

I agree totally with that sentiment.  I can honestly say, though, that the Lukgraph F7C-1 is better than the F7C-1 by SW.  On the other hand, the SW Fokker D.XXI is superior to the one produced by Lukgraph.  I will purchase any 1/32 product from both those excellent model makers.  (Yes, Simon, I am still saving for the four SW missing from my collection.)

I agree totally with that sentiment.  I can honestly say, though, that the Lukgraph F7C-1 is better than the F7C-1 by SW.  On the other hand, the SW Fokker D.XXI is superior to the one produced by Lukgraph.  I will purchase any 1/32 product from both those excellent model makers.  (Yes, Simon, I am still saving for the four SW missing from my collection.)

Lol !

I'm also saving for Christmas purchase. I can see a AM Siskin, A bulldog, a P.11, a Fokker X.XXI... I love this polish way of making kits ! That's funny to see this proper identity. One can almost guess from where a kit come from. Japanese, Czech, Polish, Chinese, British, American...

• 1 month later...