Another Wingnut Wings Felixstowe Late

camelhead

MY GOD, what a magnificent model !..........Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Ditto.  I am in just total awe with you guys that have the cajones to do those WW I birds. I bow to you. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers,

Jerry  :piliot:   Still in awe.

GREAT build indeed Sean!    Love it.   I would be curious about the "wing issues" myself, as that was all I heard was it took some extra time and dihedral for the wings to "settle".   Did you end up with flat/no dihederal or anhedral?

Boy, that truly is magnificent Sean! I only wish you could post more pics as I doubt the magazine is available to us here in the northern hemisphere. One pic and it's clear you've done a masterful job!

Cheers,

Wolf

Great work Sean. Between yours and Guys the model has been well represented for publication.

My wings suffer the same affliction. I don't blame the kit so much as I do my choice to EZ Line as it imparts zero structural strength. I was originally going to use mono but believed the structure was strong enough to support the weight. I was wrong. There's a lot of leverage on the center section from those wings and it needs all the help it can get. It's not so much the wing sagging is the issue, but the bowing of the underwing struts and Engine Pylon side braces that makes it evident. Mine will be sitting on the kit supplied trestles just to keep everything where it should be. My next one will be rigged with mono, or fine wire if I can find something that works.

Cheers

Mike

Great work Sean. Between yours and Guys the model has been well represented for publication.

My wings suffer the same affliction. I don't blame the kit so much as I do my choice to EZ Line as it imparts zero structural strength. I was originally going to use mono but believed the structure was strong enough to support the weight. I was wrong. There's a lot of leverage on the center section from those wings and it needs all the help it can get. It's not so much the wing sagging is the issue, but the bowing of the underwing struts and Engine Pylon side braces that makes it evident. Mine will be sitting on the kit supplied trestles just to keep everything where it should be. My next one will be rigged with mono, or fine wire if I can find something that works.

Cheers

Mike

Out of curiosity, and I am throwing darts here to see if they stick, but what if someone like G-Factor made a set of brass struts for this beastie? You two, keeping in mind your experiences from having built this; would this improve the issues?

- Dennis S.

Westminster, CO USA

Man, that is absolutetly brilliant Sean!!!!

What a masterpiece!...I've seen a few of these built up now, and everyone of them has been top notch work.... but this one is my favourite so far, just beautiful work.

Love it!

Cheer's,

Jeff.