Fly Wessex

Bruce_Crosby

What is a "Strikey"? I Googled it, but came up empty.

D

I was curious about that myself............not sure as none of their 48th *SHUDDERS* scale offerings seem to ring true with that nick name........

Does anyone know the major visual differences between the HC.2 and the HU.5?

Any Wessex SMEs out there?

( I may have already asked this before, but they always say something err other is the first thing to go.........but cant remember what it is)

Edited by Out2gtcha

- ugly cool (DEFINITELY meets this one)

Does anyone know the major visual differences between the HC.2 and the HU.5?

I think the word is character, and the Wessex has it by the bucket.

The differences are basically the size/shape of the side windows, the HC.2 has squarish windows, the HU.5 has two recangular windows on the port side, another on the starboard.

HU.5  (what a wonderful model)  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234933512-westland-wessex-hu5-italeri-148/

Any Wessex SMEs out there?

( I may have already asked this before, but they always say something err other is the first thing to go.........but cant remember what it is)

I had to google that, there's a 4+ book.

Edited by Kagemusha

Sorry to be pedantic, mmhhmmm... :innocent:  that's a HC.2, there's a guy doing a stellar build of one just like that on Britmodeller, and I'd say he's an SME   http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971153-wessex-hc2-a-dauphins-stablemate-back-in-black/ a one stop reference point if ever there was one.

Sorry to be pedantic, mmhhmmm... :innocent:  that's a HC.2, there's a guy doing a stellar build of one just like that on Britmodeller, and I'd say he's an SME   http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971153-wessex-hc2-a-dauphins-stablemate-back-in-black/ a one stop reference point if ever there was one.

Thats it alright!    Lovely paint work on that guy................although I will undoubtedly be doing my pretty much wholly OOB.    Thanks Andy

But getting back on the Fly modelkit of the Wessex:  i am really anxious to get my hands on that helo as well, and was anticipating on an add made by the Aviation mega store at Schiphol airport, Amsterdam, hoping the release date would be the end of july, but according to them it now turns out to be even closer to october/november  (when was Telford again?)

Oh well, patience is indeed a good virtue........

It's definitely taking shape at some speed now and has already crossed into "irresistible" territory.

Just wondering which I would need for a golden yellow RAF HAR.2 - it seems the Royal Navy release might have those markings (?)

And how long it will take for an AM folded rotor hub option (if it isn't included in the Fly kit - the tail certainly appears to be posable in the stowed mode). I'm more interested in stowed main rotors to reduce the model's "shelf footprint".

Tony

Edited to correct tablet auto spell

Edited by Tony T