1:32 Skyshark

Dandiego

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Mini update today.  First is the basic application of the wingtip formation lights. Cut out a notch in the wingtip, superglue a red/green transparent plastic bit, sand to shape.

002_zps8mechean.jpg

Next starting some detailing on the props. First a slight twist is induced into each prop. The twist is opposite between the front and rear prop. I used the props from the old Microscale 1/48 kit as a guide. After twisting the prop blades they needed to be thickened up. So I cut out a paper template, transferred the shape to sheet plastic, glued them to the blades and then puttied them. Next up will be to sand everything to shape. Stay tuned.

004_zpszzhzsh06.jpg

003_zpsyeqpo0o3.jpg

Thats it for today.

Dan

Love it Dan. :popcorn:

No idea how you got a scribing template to stay predictably on the spinner, but it looks great.

Cheers

Jim

Well Jim I didn't think I could get a scribing template to set still on the spinner. So what I did was to draw on the line and carefully cut the line freehand with a razor saw. Rivets were freehand as well.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

Micro update tonight.

Before I attach the wings I need to add the aerial. I am using very thin fishing line. I am attaching it to the tail and to a small bracket made from soda can aluminum. The line is then run into the fuselage and attached to a small spring that I robbed from a ball point pen. The spring is tensioned and secured to a bulkhead in the fuselage. Works well and holds the aerial tight. However with the spring there is some give and hopefully it will not break while construction continues.

005_zpslb0jlokv.jpg

007_zpsy5vjcsjp.jpg

Last I have finished a master for each prop. A very kind LSP'er offered to make resin copies so that all of the props have a consistent look. So I will be shipping them off in a day or two.

004_zpsyoonjhkz.jpg

Thats all for tonight,

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Totally killer work Dan!    Im really loving this build.........................as to the aerial antenna..........Have you thought about just disconnecting it from the tail (to save possibly breaking it, and/or destroying your soda can bracket) and then taping it temporarily to the fuselage to keep some minute tension on the spring, then later attaching it before paint and what-not?

Thanks for the comments.

Brian you bring up a valid point about the aerial possibly breaking. I've never used a spring before on an aerial. My main thought process was that the spring would provide some "give" to the aerial and prevent it from breaking during construction. The only way to see if this is a good idea is to forge ahead as is. If it breaks lesson learned. If it holds up maybe I will have started a trend.

Dan

Small update today.

Along the fuselage their are several vents and exhausts. Time to put them in. After looking at my photos of the prototype I marked the location of all of the vents. I chained drilled each area, cleaned up each area with a knife and then super glued in a thin piece of plastic stock. Quite easy really.

DSCN2872_zpsbqstx4t1.jpg

DSCN2874_zps33vzf9q3.jpg

Because I work fast I always seem to need a little putty...

DSCN2875_zpsttocfak4.jpg

And a tall skinny vent on the port fuselage. Glued the vent in the middle with super glue, when it had cured moved up a little and glued that. Took a few minutes to get it right. Oh and I almost forgot.......a bit o putty.

DSCN2877_zpsuem0znln.jpg

Well thats all for today.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego