from XIV to XIX ..recce Spitfire . END of the story ...

alain11

Hi 

Thank you Kevin , it's much appreciated !!!!

now , the final step about the cockpit , the left side .... Here again , the same stuffs that must be added .... but rather a long speech , let's pictures talk detail10.jpg

c1010.jpg

c1110.jpg

c1210.jpg

Edited by alain11

Welcome to WIP Alain.

This is a lot of beautiful work you are showing in this build and moving at a pretty fast pace too!

I'm impressed with rivet detail and the scratchbuilt additions you've added.

Consider me a FAN of this aircraft and this build

watch'in you :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jack

Welcome to WIP Alain.

This is a lot of beautiful work you are showing in this build and moving at a pretty fast pace too!

I'm impressed with rivet detail and the scratchbuilt additions you've added.

Consider me a FAN of this aircraft and this build

watch'in you :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jack

Hi Jack

I am glad to see you here , and welcome to the fan club , the membership cart is free  :punk:

Great work on that pit Alain !

Keep it up ;)

Hi Loic

thank you for these words , I really do appreciate  :rolleyes:

Alain

Guest Peterpools

Alain

One good looking front office ... so nicely done

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hi 

A little step forward today , and to finish it with the fuselage : the belly cameras arrangement .here again , I didn't rack my brain , I did something that " looks like" , only the lens will be seen through the glass ....my drawing shows me a " reinforcement plate" in this area . It seems that it wasn't a modification of Swedish Spitfire , early PR spitfire versions already get this plate  ...Okay , let's go for this ... it is simulated with self adhesive aluminium , and I am happy with this  ;) ...

thank you for your interest

bye Alainf210.jpg

f310.jpg

f410.jpg

f510.jpg

It is an amazing job!

I have thought many times of this project, but never got the PCM Spit , no luck.....

I will copy some tricks for my Academy mk XIV (stalled at some point on the way to PR XIX)!

And yes, it IS the most beautiful Spit version, if not THE plane..........

Greetings!

PS: are you on the south of France? I visit Toulouse area- Tarn  ....!

It is an amazing job!

I have thought many times of this project, but never got the PCM Spit , no luck.....

I will copy some tricks for my Academy mk XIV (stalled at some point on the way to PR XIX)!

And yes, it IS the most beautiful Spit version, if not THE plane..........

Greetings!

PS: are you on the south of France? I visit Toulouse area- Tarn  ....!

Hi Alberto

I get my PCM Spit one E bay , keep an eye from time to time .....I am from NARBONNE , it's about 100 Km north from the Spanish border ( Barcelona)

Alain

Looking simply fantastic ...

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter , I don't know if it a fantastic job , I am only doing my best 

Next step , the windscreen : it's a sensitive point , because it's a one shot trial . The plastic is thick , and strong , a bad cut , and bye bye ......One word about this windscreen : I would like to thank very much Anders who gave me the link , and thank a thousand times  Jens who provided it to me ( no windscreen , no project).

I highlighted the frames before cutting . Simulate the frames with self adhesive aluminium .Make some tests fitting , and after it's glued , do the " surrounded " sheets metal ....Well this is the end of the main things that must be done , the next stages are only usual stuffs 

bye Alainf610.jpg

f710.jpg

f810.jpg

f910.jpg

Hi all

thank you to be on my WIP , it's a pleasure to share it with you , hope you enjoy !!!!

Well , this thread is coming nicely to the end . Today , the wings are glued to the fuselage . At the bottom , the joint is perfect , even better than Tamiya ...But ....the worst is coming . There is an abyssal gap between the wing and the Karman fillet ...I think I should have to empty my CA tube to fix this  :fight: f1010.jpg

f1110.jpg

f1210.jpg

f1310.jpg

All is okay , the stabilizers are glued , the elevators cut off .. now , let's go to the paint workshop .....

I am not keen with the decals , even with some decal softeners , one cannot get a nice result as a painted roundel for example . so as soon as I can , and of course as far I am able to do , I do my own masks or stencils .... If you have this wonderful machine as " silhouette" , there will be no limits to do your own masks or stencils  ( unfortunately , I don't have this stuff) ....So ....I cut the rudder number

bye Alainf1610.jpg

f1710.jpg

f1810.jpg