PCM Macchi 202

ironman1945

I finished this one early last year.  I know some have mentioned that this is a difficult kit to assemble; there were some fiddly bits but all in all i enjoyed it very much. I'm vIMG_0897_zps5c574cb0.jpgIMG_0891b_zpsa954369c.jpgIMG_0890b_zps503d035e.jpgIMG_0889_zpsd983b2c6.jpgery happy with the way it turned out.

HL-10

I cannot tell a lie (and I forgot to mention this in my original post).

The smoke rings are decals by Mike Grant. While I practiced trying to do them by hand with an airbrush, the truth is I'm lazy.

They were super easy to use; a coat of Future, decals, a bit of diluted Solvaset, another coat of future and a flatcoat.  Cant tell they are decals.

I'm really happy with how they turned out and would highly recommend them!

Dave/Ironman1945.

When I built my 21st Century kit, I enquired with Mike about obtaining his smoke ring decals in 1/32, but by the time I had them sent over, they would have cost me about AU$50, so I decided to paint them instead. Looks like they work really well!

Kev

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Skiner: the photos were actually shot indoors using a floodlamp and a reflector, and a really basic camera.

Zero77: Yes, I have always loved the Italian WWII fighters, and we are very fortunate to have them in 1/32 from Pacific Coast Models.

I have all of thier releases.... the Macchi 205, Macchi 200, Fiat G50 and G55, etc etc waiting in the wings to be built.

I just need to find the time!

Dave/Ironman1945

By the way Dave, which paint did you use for this scheme? I've bought a pack of Lifecolor italian paint, but i am a bit frightened to try such a fine airbrush work with this paint, which is pretty hard to work with in my opinion. It's great in colors, coverage and sturdiness, but i've always have a bothering clogging phenomenon in a few minutes.