Felixstowe!

Gisbod

Thanks for the nice comments :) helps push the build along!

Beautiful work, Guy. Would you mind sharing the base/oils colour combinations you used for the various wood tones?

I can't really tell you because I put a selection of oils on a pallet and mix a colour I like the look of!

The base is just a pale sandy colour...

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Guy

Guy Are you using 1/48 or 1/32 Gas patch turn buckles for your rigging?  Or 1/32 for rigging and 1/48 for ailerons and rudders?

Cheers

Hi Vandy,

They are 1/32 - but I'm only using them for the mid line turnbuckles- the attachment points will all be bobs buckles... My preferred option.

Guy

Thank You Guy.  I have only built one WW I Aircraft and it was a Eduard Roland C.II. But love the stash of Roden and WnW ,Now is getting the nerve to build one.  I'm really thinking of jumping in on the Felixstowe. Especially after your build along with Mike's and Bill's. Or start with the WnW Roland C.II for a trial run, Less rigging

I have looked at Bobs Buckles web site. Are the Eyelets twisted loop or a loop with solder stem?

Again Thank you for the help and Lesson. 

Thank You Guy.  I have only built one WW I Aircraft and it was a Eduard Roland C.II. But love the stash of Roden and WnW ,Now is getting the nerve to build one.  I'm really thinking of jumping in on the Felixstowe. Especially after your build along with Mike's and Bill's. Or start with the WnW Roland C.II for a trial run, Less rigging

I have looked at Bobs Buckles web site. Are the Eyelets twisted loop or a loop with solder stem?

Danny, Bob's eyelets are twisted loop - and they are tiny!

DSCN04941_zps1a37a1c3.jpg

I'm in awe of this build, Guy!

Yes, quite simple - twisted loop & brass tube. I guess they'd be easy to home make but I'm just too lazy!

I'd definitely start a fairly simply rigged aircraft to get going :)

Guy

Quick catch up...

Not much to show - it seems to have taken me forever to get to the pre painting bit.. I don't know why, just a lot of preparation, seams to blend, rigging to work out and masking....

E76A4607-D3F7-4EE8-9BD0-86142431CB3E_zps

The top wing is enormous!!

8A803123-F22C-4171-8C0E-2C8B4DA290BD_zps

Guy

Yes, quite simple - twisted loop & brass tube. I guess they'd be easy to home make but I'm just too lazy!

.....................................................................................................................

Guy

Guy, looking at your work, I do not think you are lazy!

:)