Aviation Icons in 1/32

Barry

When will we see these two iconic aircraft in 1/32 scale?   :tumble:

IMO the U-2 is a perfect project for Paul Fisher and the SR-71 is right up HpH's alley.  :please: 

IM kits of both would be great and the U-2 is not too far fetched IMO but the SR-71 is doubtful I think.

Barry

Guest Peterpools

Barry

I right with you and would jump at both. I just wondering how solid resin wings would hold up on work with the U2? But if anyone can get it right, it's Paul for sure.

Peter

Barry

I right with you and would jump at both. I just wondering how solid resin wings would hold up on work with the U2? But if anyone can get it right, it's Paul for sure.

Peter

I have put the "bug" is his ear several times! The wings are likely the toughest obstacle.

Barry

Guest Clunkmeister

If we're gonna have a resin U-2, I'll need to call a concrete guy to put extra rebar in my floor.

Same with HpH's 1/48 Concorde. Yikes!

Edited by Clunkmeister

Personally I think both are very bad candidates for resin...

High quality vacs - on female patterns - with resin and etch detail parts however.  :hmmm:

Iain

Or glassfiber / resin like the HPH Catalina? But yes, it would be pretty expensive....

Personally I think both are very bad candidates for resin...

High quality vacs - on female patterns - with resin and etch detail parts however.  :hmmm:

Iain

+1 Iain ...

Both would be cool though. A pity Russ never finished his SR-71 ... It seemed so easy watching him !

Hubert

+1 Iain ...

Both would be cool though. A pity Russ never finished his SR-71 ... It seemed so easy watching him !

Hubert

Making the master patterns for female vacforming is not a problem for me, finding someone who can produce the necessary tooling and the ability to manufacture the vacform copies is the real problem for me.

Derek

Guest Peterpools

It's a shame the U2 wings would be so problematic but knowing my abilities, a part resin and vacuform kit wouod turn into a disaster., as the vacuform portion is something I've never been able to do :doh:

Peter

It's a shame the U2 wings would be so problematic but knowing my abilities, a part resin and vacuform kit wouod turn into a disaster., as the vacuform portion is something I've never been able to do :doh:

Peter

There is nothing to be afraid of as far as vacforms are concerned Peter - the scariest part is how modellers perceive them as being scary! (There are enough experienced souls here on LSP to guide you through the process).

Regards

Derek

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I thought Jeff Roberts was working on both as vacs...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=35500&page=3

Tried resuscitating that thread a week ago but it generated no response from Roberts/Combat models.

Vacforms with metal and resin accessories would be ideal. I'd be up for an SR-71A and a U-2R/TR-1A.

Tony