Intruder Build Group

wwesley

Hi I am looking to form a group build for the Trumpeter A-6A or the new A-6E Tram.  I am starting both kits  now and will be making note of the corrections of both versions. I spent 10 years in Marine Intruders so I know something about the aircraft  and use to paint Intruders. If your interested please contact me.

Bill Wesley

wwesley3@cox.net

Guest Clunkmeister

I'd love to, but my F-100 calls, then my Skyraider, then my FW-44, then my 3 109s, then my F9F, then my DFW, then my Eindekker E.1, then my Gotha, then,... Well, you get the picture.
Ask me again in 7 years or so.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Great idea!

Expect to see more builds now that Trumpeter has released the "Echo." One of their better offerings in my opinion, albeit pricey.

And the Intruder is such a great modeling subject, in any scale - large open cockpit perched high atop the fuselage, "busy" wingfold internals, plenty of ordnance options, etc.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

If it's 1/48, I'd be in.

I just don't have the space for a 1/32 Intruder  <_<

Mike

My thoughts as well (Re: 1/48th scale).

And I have plenty of space for a 1/32nd scale build.

It's the empty space in my wallet that's my limiting factor :crying: .

Man; To do a Viet Nam era black radome Intruder or a 'radome tan' in 1/32nd scale; hubba-hubba!

We  tried a single type build awhile back with the newly released Tamiya Mustang, and IIRC, got a somewhat lukewarm response. I'd suggest a tandem build, or buddy build approach to start. Any build out of 1/32 can be shown in the "non-LSP works" section.

Okay I have set up a face book group ,Trumpeter A-6 Intruder Group Build Please join in I will be starting in on the cockpit this week. Post pictures of other Intruders , your work

or Intruder stories. Also please introduce yourself and tell everyone what you build and enjoy.

Bill Wesley