Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

Kevin, the scheme on the box top is what I'm going with. Maybe not very original but it's what enticed me to buy the kit.

Cheers,

Wolf

Well that's a pretty darned attractive scheme to begin with, so no real need to look further.

Great pics Martin.always liked the looks of the rudder of the Pfalz ,like something off of a fishing Dory . This is pushing me to another WNW build. have a Roland that I shelved last year...hmmm. find the time eh?

Edited by williamj

Awesome pics Martin. Where do you find this stuff? I've searched the ol' interweb for Pfalz pics and never saw any of these. If you can find a pic of the cockpit showing the emergency throttle lever, now that would be really cool.

Take care my friend!

Cheers,

Wolf

Beautiful work, Wolf!

The front office is just spectacular!

I'll be following this build closely..... I have so much to learn from someone with your talent.

John

Thanks John, very kind words indeed!

Cheers,

Wolf

Glad to see you started smelling glue again :D I was wonderings what's the hold up on next wip ;)

It may have been the glue fumes Mike, LOL! I keep the cap on the bottle a little tighter these days. :)

Cheers,

Wolf

A comfortable place to put your flyin' heinie! The seat in the Pfalz kit was pretty plain so a little embellishment was in order. This kit is the only WnWs kit I have that didn't include any kind of a seat cushion so I made one out of laminated styrene card stock. I carved the subtle impressions in the cushion, used a small dental burr to add the wrinkles around the button holes and used stretched sprue for both the buttons and the beading around the cushion. The seat back itself received thin stretched sprue as well to represent beading on the leather upholstery. Even though I took the time to detail the back of the seat it'll never be seen once mounted in the cockpit and enclosed within the fuselage. Oh well......... It's not perfect but I'm happy with the way it turned out and it should look the part with the seat belts draped over it. The seat belts will be made out of Tamiya tape using the kit supplied photo etched buckle ends. That's my next little project.  :frantic:

Cheers,

Wolf

Pfalz-seat-1_zpsb017b883.jpg

Pfalz-seat-2_zpsbc42f684.jpg

Pfalz-seat-3_zpsea2f3106.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Harvey, Kevin, Maru,

After many years of successfully mucking up perfectly good models I've started to figure out which screw ups actually have a use such as the thumb print in the soft primer for a little added texture. Not a good idea on the side of a fuselage or wing top but a seat cushion.............why not?

Cheers,

Wolf