Hawker Typhoon Cockpit Photos

scvrobeson

Hey there LSP-land. I'm working on the Airfix Typhoon currently, and am looking to add the wiring to the cockpit section.  I know there is a preserved cockpit section at the Duxford museum, and was hoping someone would have some good pictures of it.

What I really need are close, side-on profile shots of the cockpit sides. I really need to know where the wiring runs down the sidewalls, so I can add it to my model.  In 1/24, the cockpit really looks like it needs the added detailing.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help that they can offer.

Matt  :frantic:

I got every pic I could find while researching our decal set for the airframe - pretty much all of which are the Duxford cockpit

One thing to note is the yellowing of some of the instrument features - this is from age, not because they looked that way when the aircraft was produced, the luminous material degrades over time and goes a coffee colour..

anyways - this is what I have, many may be repeats but hopefully its as near to a panorama as you might find...

Typhoon_1_zps6c816a06.jpg

Typhoon_3_zpsc20524d8.jpg

gjoi_zps4009ae6d.jpg

post-804-1264540749_zps85dfb09f.jpg

ghgf_zps6aef2864.jpg

gdgd_zps7755244f.jpg

8660997593_573d8dc07f_z_zps1dfceb26.jpg

32_zps5b8244b5.jpg

27_zps18e77658.jpg

57_zps41271769.jpg

..more

Thanks very much Peter.  The things I'm trying to look for are the side frames, and how the wires run along those. The pictures I've seen of the Duxford cockpit section seem to show it with clear plastic sides, but I can't seem to find any pictures of it from the profile view.  Those would be most important, but your pictures are awesome, and will be put to good use. 

I did purchase and add your instrument decals and placards. Really beautiful stuff that makes the cockpit look more complete.

Matt  :frantic:

Nice! Many of those photos I'd seen before, but there were a few I hadn't, so thanks for those. As to photos that show all the wiring attached to the frame, I've not seen many at all. The Valiant wings book may have something, but that book is not accessible to me right now.

• 1 year later...