1/48 Promodeler Ju 52

Old Dog

My most recent completion is the Promodeler Ju 52, this was one of the best kits I have ever done, fit was great and it was a joy to build, I used almost no filler, and almost all of the critical joints fell on panel lines, I wish they all would go together this easy. I only added some Quickboost seats and an Eduard IP and a few PE levers to the interior.

52-b02.jpg

When it came to a paint scheme I wanted something beyond the usual two tone green over blue so I went with this

52paintprofile.jpg

And a photo of the real McCoy

52-real.jpg

and my rendition, note that all the markings are painted on as I didn't want to deal with decals on the corrugations. The National markings were from an Eduard mask set and I cut my own stencils for the radio codes.

52-b39.jpg

52-b40.jpg

52-b41.jpg

52-b43.jpg

52-b45.jpg

52-b46.jpg

52-b48.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gary

Thanks guys, John masking wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, main thing was to keep the airbrush perpendicular to the surface to prevent spraying under the edge of the mask and into the corrugations, also not putting on a wet coat to prevent runs under the tape. The corrugated surface in some respects was nice as small imperfections like dust specks that would stand out on smooth surface were nearly undetectable on the corrugated surface.

The corrugations did create a weird photography problem, any photo I took with the camera in the same axis as the corrugations created a strange effect when I tried reducing the size, it made the lines look squiggly, I tried several different algorithms in reduction but got the same effect in all them. See photo below, the photo looked OK at full resolution but any attempt to reduce it gave me the squiggly effect.

52-b42.jpg