Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

Some Oil Cooler works and Radiator Pipe fitting occurred last nite.

Honestly this whole area is what sold the kit for me, I dry fitted the engine to see how close the pipes would come to the locating points and they were spot on!

On to the pics....

15133858415_770cd0ea2c_b.jpg

image by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

14947200590_d5ed7f1936_b.jpg

15130982021_060a4e9954_b.jpg

15110970756_5873f0599c_b.jpg

Thanks

Ryan

Cool, I know all about that......................

My current build has all SORTS of cool interior parts, 90% of which will not be seen when completed. Your right, it is fun sharing so at least someone else knows that stuff if in there!

Thanks Jeff, yes just as I figured.

I have a plan to restore some of the detail, more on that later.

No kit is perfect, still love the model.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Hello builders,

Today I cut loose the seats to decide which one to use. I say "seats" because they give you a choice of a belt or beltless seat, good idea. The silver plastic is very misleading, take look at the beltless seat on the left...once primered the silver plastic reveals nice crisp details. Note I removed the molded "bar" at the top of the seat, I'll ad a better one that the belts can actually pass through. Still deciding wether or not to use aftermarket or just scratch build some foil belts.

14971428208_090a5be8ff_b.jpg

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Do you got em buckles for the harness/seatbellt the go for scratching them belts, winebottle foil ;) easy to cut and form, and glue ;)

if not, i put my vote on aftermarket belts eg Radub....ive tried them and must say i love em...just used tehm on my FW190

Ive tried HGWs belts they are similar and great to (but radubs are sligtly crispier, but matter of taste only between them, HGW got printed stiches), also Eduards very nice too but all thin metal and more painting and weathering, and even them Kamizukuri belts....

benefit of them paper (Radub)/textitle (HGW) is that they are "right color rifgr away ;) only need to weather them and blen em in so that the look right overall weathering with the rest of the cockpit...

they are all fiddly and the same teqhunice to mount....

but if i got any mandat in a vote ill go for Radubs belts....or HGW ;)

note that is a opinion of my ;)

ps im not an aftermarket guy, the only aftermarket i use is belts....the rest i try to scratch....not against aftermarket but want to learn building new parts and so on.....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford