Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Nice progress and sure proves your a full fledged member of the club. If I had a nickle for every tab I cut off by mistake, I would be on the  way to being quite rich. :innocent:

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Nice work.......I having given up Zouki Mura after the Skyraider.......just too much of work for a lazy sod like me........not forgetting their hefty price tags....

never seen a Zouki Mura mustang being done and will be tracking yours.....love the work on the engine real classy

rgds

mr b

Evening builders!

Some progress tonite, I managed to get the rear bulkheads glued up. I have to admit I was worried about all these patchwork body panels fitting together, but it looks good so far. Panels are true and tight.

Good job Zoukei Mura!

Once I set the bulkheads in place I taped the fuselage panels to hold alignment while drying.

Great stuff!

14937541397_087e7b4552_c.jpg

image by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

15121208671_16b7f4be69_c.jpg

15123740752_1bbd1d8d2d_c.jpg

Thanks Ryan

Had a chance to dry fit the top of the wings to the wing structure, fit was just fine and very tight.

I did discover the gear well molding on the parts are slightly different from left to right. You'll notice the well on the left is very deep and defined while the one on the right is a bit light. It's like the mold was was not engraved deep enough on the right. I can rebuild some of it, but it's certainly odd.

Check it out...

14937405129_7e6651b073_c.jpg

14937450570_3d41f7d7fa_c.jpg

Ryan

Thanks Brian, haven't seen the Tamiya kit yet. Hope to pick one up at Modepalooza in a couple weeks.

The ZM kit can go together fast if you don't expose the internals, i'll def get another one to build all closed up.

Ryan

PS I have that poster (your profile pic) on my Utility room door.....had it since I was 17!

Edited by Ryan

Great build thus far Ryan.

I see what you mean with the detail on the left and right wells. Right side detail looks soft on the upper frames.

I noticed the colours are different for the wells vs. the frame. The wells look like resin though I can see some ejector marks elsewhere.

Dave.

Edited by Totalize

The upper wing is plastic, but yes it does look like cream colored resin in the shot. The wing frame is in silver plastic, the wing in a light greyish hue.

Gear well detail isn't as soft as it is some what "sinking" in to the upper wing. Its as if the mold was not level and the affected side was not engraved as deep. ??

Ryan