Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

Get em both!

I'm looking to pick up another Mustang...this time all buttoned up

The upcoming FW-190 series is interesting, I guess now you can buy the whole hog ZM kit or a detuned version with just the essentials.

Thanks for watching!

Ryan

Well, I just might have to do that. I have the Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair on pre-order  and I have the Tamiya P51D as well not started yet though.

I just got back from a great vacation in Arizona (visited Tombstone, Pima Air and Space Museum, Aircraft Boneyard) and Las Vegas so kind of not motivated as yet to get back on the bench. Just watching you guys do some nice builds at the moment.

Dave.

Edited by Totalize

Ryan.

Sounds great news...new Zok fw190a series kit....looking forward to see them as many know im quiye much in for them....but ill wait a wjile before buy any of them when released, read rewoews about them.first...hmm or not lol

But what will i do when no need doing all that extra anymore as riveting, correcring lol..as.i see as a challenge Lol.

.o well im shure i find things to do extra on them special kits anyway lol ......

Im.following this stang closely since ive never tried a zok kit before, will be nice ro see paint on it all and some nice weathering...

Im tuned in on this channel

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

I'm hoping the same but I heard it's a ways off. Just look how long it's taken for the Horten to reach production from when the kit was announced.

Peter

Ryan

I'm hoping the same but I heard it's a ways off. Just look how long it's taken for the Horten to reach production from when the kit was announced.

Peter

Agreed, but the 229 is a bit obscure(ish) and the 190's are more popular subjects with a wealth of info readily available...hopefully they can turn them around faster so we can get them on our shelves collecting dust! :)

Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Small update got the Tail Wheel assembled....and in primer to help me clean the mold seam lines. Gear was in silver plastic and wheel was in black plastic, looks good in the box...but cleaning seams in silver plastic is hard. A coat of primer brings clarity to the situation.

Casting is nice, the roughness of the surface is the primer just shot seconds before this pic settling down.

15079843759_101bea39ee_b.jpgimage by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

I've decided to concentrate on the Tail Wheel area at this point instead of jumping around as I have been.

Ryan

Ryan.

it looks really nice in detailing...and you are right about the primer on silver plastic casting...ive peesonally never liked it...

But this is a great tip how to tackle them seam lines...taken notes in my mind and will not forget this usefull tip

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

ZM tail wheel assembly is looking mighty good and the more I think about they might have just done a wee bit better job then Tamiya on this assembly

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

I'm hoping also the 190 series hits the shelves sooner then later, as I'm looking forward to building my first few Aircraft of the Third Reich with the ZM kit.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Not only haven't I built a 190, I haven't built a 109 either! Pretty hard to believe but it's true and this coming year, I'm going to rectify that. :doh:

Peter