Pair of Friends, Pair of Huns Pair o Dice UPDATE 10/6 Masks!

LSP_Paul

Look so real! :thumbsup: I want to do an F-100 someday just to tackle the aft fuse! You nailed it right! :goodjob:

P1040384JPG_zps15b6dddf.jpg

Thanks Andre!  I'm glad you like it  so far. I am going fora bit more subtle look but you can see where the  tones in the heat stressed metal are, I'm glad you like it so far  and thank you for the pic!

All the best to you and your F-105 build my friend!

Paul 

The more I look at your work, Paul, the more it absolutely blows my mind! :wow:

You're a true master with an airbrush, Sir, and a credit to the members here.  It's easy to build shapes and make the general structure look right, but the airbrush is an acquired skill, one you mastered many years ago and are obviously completely comfortable with what you're doing.

My little 150 gives me fits, and half the time, I don't even hit what I'm aiming at....

Paul, I'm in total and complete awe of your work, sir!

Speechless!!!

Thanks Ernst. I try, we will both be in some sweet looking paint and markings  soon I hope. :)

I appreciate the kind words and you looking in on my plane.

Your Friend,

Paul 

Nicely Done McDuff!

Will be interesting  when you start laying on the camo !

LOOKING  GOOD

watch'in you :wicked:  :wicked: :wicked:  

jack

Thanks Jack, I got  the layers and staining even more blended with the second pass like I planed. It looks like heat stained metal for sure now. I have to wait until I can buy more paint next week to keep going much further with the finish, so I'll get the detail stuff  wrapped up like gear, pylons, weapons etc. while I'm waiting.

All the best,

Paul

So Ernie and I are working with a  very talented after market manufacturer to produce some new items for the F-100. While we are waiting during the design process, I went ahead and painted and pre-weathered my F-100. Colors used were slightly modified Model Master FS series for SEA CAMO.  I have also sealed everything with a coat of future.

You can see how the metal work at the back end looks like its got some paint burning off, the real aircraft did exactly this, so i did it in paint.

I shot all the metal work and tinted appropriately to represent the heat staining, then sealed in Future. I shot the Model Master enamel over the future, then once it was dry, used a q-tip moistened in  mineral spirits to remove the paint between the rivet lines to replicate the look of the real aircraft.

i like how it came out, hope you do too!

The IFR probe, glass, and Afterburner Can and slats are just posed on the plane for the pics, they will be glued on when its time.

Thanks for checking in on my build,

Paul 

DSC01268_zpsb85b4dfd.jpg

DSC01267_zps57ceef1f.jpg

DSC01271_zps67322d84.jpg

DSC01269_zpsd86a1be7.jpg