Pair of Friends, Pair of Huns Pair o Dice UPDATE 10/6 Masks!

LSP_Paul

OK Folks,

Between being sick and out of energy and sleeping.. I have managed to do a bit of work on the Hun.

The leading edges of the wings needed to be fixed just like the A-4. There is an unrealistic step at the rear edge of where the slats meet the wings. I filled this in with .010 plastic strip and putty, finished with Mr. Surfacer, sanded and blended it all in. Then hit it with grey primer. I also built up all the weapons pylons, leading edge slats and main landing gear bay doors. Finally I sanded and  filled the sink marks and took care of the seams on the  landing gear struts and added the brass kit parts to AMS Resins wonderful F-100 resin wheels.  I also cleaned up the Seam on the Quick Boost Resin IFR Probe.

Main Gear Doors

DSC00934_zps9367cffc.jpg

Wheels and Struts

DSC00932_zps2fd46748.jpg

Wings, Pylons,New Resin IFR Probe

DSC00930_zps2b37eca7.jpg

It doesn't look like all that much work, but the way I've been feeling for the last week it was enough.. at least I did something. :)

Thanks for looking in on my build, hope to have more to show soon!

Paul 

Buddy, glad you feel up to it again. I hope you both get better soon.....Harv

Thanks Harv. Today was the first day I could spend more then an hour at the bench without feeling like  crap the whole time. Teresa sat at her bench too and the two of us made some progress on our models. I'm getting close to being able to put on the wings. I also got the horizontal tails set up with brass tube and  brass pins so they can be positioned ( movable ) .  A little bit more re-riveting to do and a couple more panels to sharpen up and I'll be ready to get the wings on for good.

All the best to you and your Phantom my friend,

Paul  

That looks great! Don't know how you do it.  :thumbsup:

Teresa 

Anybody looking at YOUR work knows you know how I do it, and your catching up pretty quick Miss Mig.. Glad to have you at the next bench over.  :)

Paul 

Good to see you are back at it and nice work by the way  ;)

Thank you Loic. One little bit at a time.  Today so far I got the slat actuators installed on the slats and test fit the slats to the wings, I also just put the filler on my other 335 gallon fuel tank where it has been enlarged using the AMS Resin Plug.

Thanks for checking in on my build, 

Paul

Paul

Completely concurs but your Hun sure looks mighty good.

Keep 'em coming :popcorn:

Peter

Peter, thanks for checking in on my build, This one is a lot of fun, and a LOT of work.. but It should be worth it in the end. :)

All the best,

Paul 

Thanks Ern. LOTS of little stuff to do but when all the details are done, these will be some beautiful Sabers. I'd love to see them on the Table with Barry's in the middle. Man that would be something. :)

Paul

Back at the bench must mean your on the tail end of the bug you've had!  Your build is coming along nicely Paul.  Looking forward to seeing the pieces come together.

I have this kit's kid brother in the stash, but I'm enjoying this LSP stuff that I may need to get this kit too!

Mike

HI Guy's,

Glad ya'll up and moving around the table, both of you have made some progress and it WILL GET BETTER!   Under! Stand!!!!!!

I was hoping to get mine together but ran afoul of the wing gun mounts and it's taking longer

Ya'll continue to get better  and lookin for more updates

Watch'in Youse :wicked:  :wicked: :wicked:  

jack

can't wait to see this one done, should be pretty awesome, you can't be the only one building a F-100

Ernie and I are doing a Buddy Build.. we are both Building F-100Ds from the 90th FS and Barry is doing  a MISTY FAC  F-100D

Thanks for the kind words about my build, check theirs out too!  

Paul

Back at the bench must mean your on the tail end of the bug you've had!  Your build is coming along nicely Paul.  Looking forward to seeing the pieces come together.

I have this kit's kid brother in the stash, but I'm enjoying this LSP stuff that I may need to get this kit too!

Mike

MIke, Thanks for the kind words about my build.  I have no issues with dumping more then the price of the kit on Aftermarket and swearing my way though correcting 99% of its faults the hard way. :)  Hell back when I started modeling we MADE our own aftermarket!  It's definitely not a shake and bake kit.. but in the end it will be a unique and fitting tribute to those who flew and maintained it I hope.

Check out Ernie's build and ask him how much fun it is...he may have a slightly different answer.. but he says hes havin fun..so ..I guess fun is in the eye of the beholder.

Paul