Pair of Friends, Pair of Huns Pair o Dice UPDATE 10/6 Masks!

LSP_Paul

HI Guy's,

Glad ya'll up and moving around the table, both of you have made some progress and it WILL GET BETTER!   Under! Stand!!!!!!

I was hoping to get mine together but ran afoul of the wing gun mounts and it's taking longer

Ya'll continue to get better  and lookin for more updates

Watch'in Youse :wicked:  :wicked: :wicked:  

jack

We are gettin better day by day Jack, :) Thanks for checking in on my build.  Glad you got your Box  o Junk ok!

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, I'm following your lead, I have my tail warning pretty much done, and the repair of the nose deck cover is complete, just filling pinholes and making sure it's close.

The front sensor bulge is done as per your instructions, so I'm catching up some. Keep 'em coming, sir, this is gonna get interesting.

I hope you get some time off, but making money is good too....

Ern, I had most of today off and managed to get the wings on. I should be posting an update tomorrow. I had some gaps at the root, and will have to fill with miliput but no biggie. make sure when you do yours that you fill the  gaps at the main wheel well to match the  opening for the main landing gear. I'ts self explanatory, but I'll try and highlight some pics for you.

Paul 

Well I finally got 90% of the re scribing and riveting done, and I was just sitting here looking at it, and decided  If I didn't  just get the damn wings on, I was going to keep staring at it  :) I can get the last few  small latches and details done with the wings on, it was time to move forward.

So, the wings fit very well, minimal gaps at the fuselage, the ones that did show up were easily filled with Milliput. I did have to fix a few areas next to the main gear bay on the bottom, and I knew I would have to. I just used little chunks of styrene to get it close, and filled the rest with Milliput smoothed with a wet Q tip. I later came back and wet sanded the joints with fine wet/ dry paper just to make sure they blended. Any further little tiny imperfections will go away with the next application of primer. I'm happy with it now. I just press fit the gear legs and IFR probe and pitot tube for pics, the jet sits right where its supposed to with that classic nose high stance of the F-100. I made the horizontal stabilizers movable by inserting brass tube and securing brass pins into the stabs. It worked out well. I also made correctly sized wing fences from  .010 styrene using the kit supplied ( and over sized) brass parts as a pattern. The height in scale should be 3MM, the kit parts are almost 8mm. 

Hopefully now I can get a coat of fine gray primer on the whole thing and get moving again.

More updates soon if I'm lucky :)

Thanks for looking in on my build!

Paul

DSC00952_zps253fd2bf.jpg

DSC00955_zpse165a351.jpg

DSC00959_zps51068b0a.jpg

OH YEA !! Looking like a Hun should.....Harv  :popcorn:

I'm tryin' Harv.. :)  this thing is a LOT of work.. but I'm still havin' fun with it. I'll be painting soon if all continues to go well.

Thanks for checking out my build my friend.

Paul

Gee it's been so long I forgot you were building a HUN

You forget that most humans have a short attention span and need to stay focused :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Lookin Good My Friend, didn't realize that there was a big discrepancy in the wing fences, nice fix

Definitely lookin like a 100  

Hope you have a little more bench time

watch'in you :wicked:  :wicked: :wicked:  

jack

It's taking shape very nicely mate ;)

Looks great ! 

Thanks Loic!  This ones been " interesting" for sure, but it's really starting to look like an F-100D now.. Lots of little things to add still but the gray primer showed me that the prep work paid off, I still have a couple of little areas to address, but I should be painting this beastie in the next couple of days. I am really looking forward to it!

All the best to you and your wonderful Skyraider build my friend!

Paul

Nice work Paul, now one can really say what an interesting design it is  . I can;t wait for the camo, or NMF ? Not sure. Either case, she is getting there.

Thanks for sharing.

And good night :)

Sweet-Dreams-Best-Demotivational-Posters

Martin, the Gray Primer I shot tonight really shows off the lines of this plane, I am really looking forward to painting soon!

All the best to you and your builds my friend!

Paul 

Looking GREAT, Paul!

I'm behind house working on my scribing. My nose is a mass of filler, most of which ended up on the floor, of course.

The scribing is getting real close, now the riveting, which, using the Trumpeter wheel, is going sorta smoothly.

Broke open the wheel bag the other day and cleaned them up. PE going on hubs of Harold's resin wheels.

My wings are itching to go on, but I'm not rushing that. It'll only make the rest of the work on the fuselage that much harder.....

Ern, You'll be there soon. I cant wait to see some pics of the whole plane when you're ready!  The Gray Primer will hopefully show you what you needed. I'll be pre- shading soon, so that might help show some detail too! Pics in a minute or 5..

All the best to you and your Hun Build my friend!

Paul