Pair of Friends, Pair of Huns Pair o Dice UPDATE 10/6 Masks!

LSP_Paul

Gee it's been so long I forgot you were building a HUN

You forget that most humans have a short attention span and need to stay focused :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Lookin Good My Friend, didn't realize that there was a big discrepancy in the wing fences, nice fix

Definitely lookin like a 100  

Hope you have a little more bench time

watch'in you :wicked:  :wicked: :wicked:  

jack

Thanks Jack!  I got some gray primer on her and it looks like an F-100, Pics to follow!

Paul

It's one thing taking a picture but seeing this up close in person is just AMAZING!!

This is going to be one beautiful Aircraft!! 

Amazing Job Paul!!!  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Teresa  :D

Teresa,

Your RT-33 is going to come out better then my plane! You just wait and see.

All the best,

Paul

Really nice job! I always had a soft spot for the Hun, after the Phantom, Banshee, Sluff, 104...... :rofl:

That one will be one hell of a bird! :goodjob:

Thanks for checking in on my build Andre!  The Hun  has always been one of my favorites, a definite work horse in Vietnam. It took huge brass ones to fly this thing in good clean weather, combat and flying it at night were acts of downright bravery in my book. Pics to follow.

Paul 

So between work assignments today I was able to shoot some Tamiya Fine Gray Primer on the majority of the air frame, and if you ask me, I think it bears a resemblance to the F-100.  :)  I am relieved. It took a bit of time to re-scibe, re- rivet, and gently fill and sand, but I am very pleased with it so far. If all goes well, I will be pre-shading and painting in the next couple of days. A few tiny areas to touch up first, but that's going to go quick compared to the other prep work I've been doing I hope.

Thanks for looking in on my build!

Paul 

DSC00968_zpseaf2782f.jpg

DSC00966_zps4ca0b157.jpg

DSC00965_zps0d682bfb.jpg

DSC00969_zps2acb1c82.jpg

Ho Ho Ho Hooo exciting times in sight !

tumblr_n1g3nu7XaL1roe9r1o2_r1_400.gif

Martin you alwas find the coolest stuff!

Glad ya like how our huns are turning out.  I am so proud of my friend Ernie.. a lot of guys would have  just said the hell with it and  quit.. He's kickin ass!

Thanks for checking out the builds my friend,

Paul 

Thanks for  checking in on my Build Loic!  I could have used 3 pairs of hands a few times during this build, but I am so glad to be this close to painting, my favorite part! 

Keep up the work on your most excellent Skyraider my friend.  :)

Paul

Thanks Harv!  I am hoping to get it in the paint shop soon.  I am very happy with Ernie's Hun too, they are going to make a great pair!   Thanks for the kind words on my build and keep up the great work on your F-4 my friend!

Paul 

Paul

Sure looks like one gorgeous Hun to me.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter. This is definitely one of those  projects that at some point I had to poop or get off the pot.. I could have found all kinds of nit picky reasons to not proceed with adding the wings and primer, but I just decided that action was what would get me back into the build. I hope I can really add the depth I want with the paint job and final detailing now. The combination of bare metal at the tail areas and camo over gray should be quite a lot of fun!  Wish me luck!  :punk:

Paul