1/32 Hasegawa FW190A8, KG200, Mistel 2

Rick K

Looks WOW......This looks good i mean real good...

I Love this and like it alot this Project...Some day try this that you are doing......A F190 on a Mistel.....(im quite lot right now deep in them theese birds)

One question...i figure out that you got a plan...but one of the Seatbelts is missing? im very curios.....

Alos im tuned in on this channel.(follow)..updates and even the smalles ones ;) i would be wery and more than happu :D

/Mal

• 4 months later...

I cannot believe my last post on this was September.  Life and the MDC Tiffy got in the way on this.  That's my story and I sticking to it.

600 LITER CIGAR DROP TANK

Fuel was an issue for the Mistel series.  The MG 131's mounted in the cowling of the FW190 were removed for fuel tank.  A larger 600l cigar drop tank was issued to the FW190 and two 900l drop tanks were issued to the Ju88.

Coincidentally, CMK released a Luftwaffe 600l Cigar #5088 drop tank.  It's the long cigar shaped tank I've been looking for.  The timing of this release could not have been better.

600lDropTank03.jpg

600lDropTank02.jpg

Prior to pouring block removal.

600lDropTank01.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for some CA love.

600lDropTank04.jpg

Ready for some primer.  Dry fit on the ETC501 rack sans sway bars.  Will add fuel line and release wires later.

Edited by Rick K

Laying down some paint, finally.  Mr. Surfacer 1500 applied then with some well thinned Mr. Color RLM 76 I got to work. 

FW190A8.01.jpg

FW190A8.02.jpg

Mr. Color RLM 02 applied to wheel wells and flap openings.

FW190A8.03.01.jpg

After wheel wells and flap openings masked RLM 76 application is completed.

FW190A8.05.01.jpg

Power Egg is dry fitted.  The Mistel 2 FW190A8's had the MG131's removed to add a fuel tank.  Gun openings were covered with field prepared panels.  The outboard wing Mg151's were removed and gun openings buttoned up.

FW190A8.04.jpg

A thinned wash of RLM 76 will be applied to blend the mottle application.  RLM 74 and RLM 75 application on deck, stay tuned.

Edited by Rick K

• 2 weeks later...

PAINT UPPER

Using Mr. Color RLM74 and RLM75 diluted 3:1 upper camo is applied.

FW190A8.Mottle.03.jpg

FW190A8.Mottle.01.jpg

It was late...think Paint 0030.  Decided to get a little creative with the mottle.  Must have been the lacquer fumes.  Final results, NOPE!

FW190A8.MottleRepaint.01.jpg

Repaint black base.

FW190A8.MottleRepaint.02.jpg

New application of RLM 76

Looks WOW......This looks good i mean real good...

I Love this and like it alot this Project...Some day try this that you are doing......A F190 on a Mistel.....(im quite lot right now deep in them theese birds)

One question...i figure out that you got a plan...but one of the Seatbelts is missing? im very curios.....

Alos im tuned in on this channel.(follow)..updates and even the smalles ones ;) i would be wery and more than happu :D

/Mal

Thanks Mal.

One seatbelt may be draped over the cockpit edge, not decided yet.