1/32 Hasegawa FW190A8, KG200, Mistel 2

Rick K

It's not too late to scratchbuild (or build a vac) of a Ta154 as your mistel bomb and then build your 88 G-6 as a "standard" bird!  Man this thing's looking good.

make me laugh "funny man"  :)  thanks Mike!

VERY good work!   I have the Pastors Mistel conversion in the stash and have been waiting for a brave day...........or year to start but so many other projects seem to pop up in the mean time.

I've started the Ju88 and I need to begin posting pics in WIP.  The mounting braces are kinda scary.  I have a solution and should work fine.  I am also using EagleParts Props/Cowling Ring and Cooling Fan.

I once used dry transfers on a 1/32 F-16....long story short it ruined the paint underneath (I used lacquer!!) and decided that dry/wet transfers simply aren't worth it.  In fact, you can probably get even better results with decals.

never tried dried transfers, well, I did use LetraSet dry transfers during my early graphic art days at a typesetting house but never on a model.

This is looking really fantastic, Rick!

Kev

Thanks Kev

Rick

Geez, your 190 looks fantastic and what a come back with the decals that wouldn't adhere.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter

Allright...this looks fantastic, and that oil rinning marks, spot on.

/Mal

Thanks Mal, you are my FW190 inspiration.  :)

Several have asked about the KG 200 unit badge.

The KG 200 unit badge is an interesting use of the cartoon characters "Vater und Sohn" (Father and Son).  "Vater un Sohn" is the creation of artist Erich Ohser using pseudonym E.O. Plauen and were published as regular strips in a Berlin magazine in the mid to late 30's. 

The Mistel program code name "Beethoven" was referred to as "Vater un Sohn" by the pilots and staff of KG200.  Therefore, the "Vater und Sohn" Staffelwappen was adopted by KG 200.

MistelNoseArt.02.jpg
Image credit: Mistel, German Composite Aircraft and Operations 1942-1945 - Robert Forsyth

Ohser began to criticize the Nazi party with defeatist comments and was arrested by Gestapo in 1944.  Goebbels personally handled this case.  His fate obvious, Ohser committed suicide the day before his trial.

The "Vater und Sohn" strips appear today in several German publications.  For me, one of the many joys of this hobby is the immersion of the unique history of each subject.

VATER_SOHN%20MB%203%20a_G095.jpg
Image credit: Google

Edited by Rick K

• 2 weeks later...

MISTLE 190 DISPLAY STAND Mk.I (M190DS Mk.I)

The problem arose when I was thinking how to display when not mounted on my Ju88.  I decided to scratch build a display stand, call it a prototype.  My Plastistruct inventory took a hit and I put together a base with square tubes, half circle rods and rods.  The mounts were carefully copied after the AIMS supplied mounts which will be used on the completed Ju88.  Lots of measuring, test fitting.

The 95% final result yielded several things:

• A display stand for the Mistel 2 FW190A8
  • A prototype for the struts on the Ju88
  • I learned and will apply several short cuts and important construction guidelines when I begin M190DS Mk.II

I need to add the strut for the tail support.  I used some of my son's Lego pieces for the photo shoot.  When complete, I will prime and paint.  Colors will be RLM76 and RLM 75.

FW190A8_Stand.03.jpg

I taped the fuselage of Revell's Ju88 together in order to get precise measures for the main struts, rear strut and exact location.  What I build here will be duplicated in scope and scale when I build the struts on the Ju88.  Brass wire was drilled in both ends of each main strut.  I may take a different approach on the M190DS Mk.II build.

FW190A8_Stand.04.jpg

FW190A8_Stand.02.jpg

The FW190 is 99.9% done.  Some minor cleaning and finishing yet to do.

FW190A8_Stand.01.jpg

It's pretty crowded and the fit is tight.

Edited by Rick K

• 2 weeks later...

DISPLAY STAND READY TO PAINT

Easter Break and Spring Break chaos out of the way.  Finally some bench time.

The stand build is now complete.  Off to the paint shop tonight.  A few FW190 preview shots included.

FW190A8_Stand.05.jpg

Will scratch build a ladder which will rest on leading edge of port wing.

FW190A8_Stand.07.jpg

Antenna wire is EZ line with white glue blobs for resistors, then painted white.  This weighs down the EZ Line just right.

FW190A8_Stand.06.jpg

Not sure if I am going to sling the port harness over the cockpit edge.

OH DEAR......Love it....

I like this alot Rick...as you know me im Deep in to them Wurgers...but hey....there is salvation for me once in a while i do build other stuff to...but must admit....them butcher birds is closest form me (for the moment fpr the last two yrs lol)

an i like your work very much and this Project.

/Mal

Neat, Rick! So is this how you will display the bird next weekend at the show? I like it

Hey Mike.  UB correct minus the dust.  :)

OH DEAR......Love it....

I like this alot Rick...as you know me im Deep in to them Wurgers...but hey....there is salvation for me once in a while i do build other stuff to...but must admit....them butcher birds is closest form me (for the moment fpr the last two yrs lol)

an i like your work very much and this Project.

/Mal

Thank you Mal.  You are an inspiration on my Wurger builds.  Always loved following your Wurger WIP's and finished work.

Cheers - Rick

• 2 weeks later...