October 27, 1967, Mission To Hanoi: VA-196 A-6A (12/26 Update)

Great stuff.

Co-author Peter Davies and I were in touch with Phil Waters in 1986, when compiling A-6 Intruder/Prowler for Ian Allan Publications' Modern Combat Aircraft series.

Phil Waters wrote up some great stuff for the book. BTW, he called his pilot Brian Bryans "B2" (B-squared)

Tony

Edited by Tony T

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Fantastic start on the Intruder, as I always appreciate the background history for the inspiration for the build.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Great stuff.

Co-author Peter Davies and I were in touch with Phil Waters in 1986, when compiling A-6 Intruder/Prowler for Ian Allan Publications' Modern Combat Aircraft series.

Phil Waters wrote up some great stuff for the book. BTW, he called his pilot Brian Bryans "B2" (B-squared)

Tony

Tony, that's great! They are still in contact with each other, and when I asked Brian if any names were posted below the cockpit sill for this aircraft, he also asked Phil. I'm not used to getting this kind of info firsthand!

Cheers, Tom

Tony,

I just read what you posted. Thank you very much for sharing this! Reading about the events of that night from another perspective adds another dimension, and reinforces just what an amazing and harrowing experience they went through.

Sincerely, Tom