Name and shame!

David Mooney

Isn't it wonderful that we are all so different?!?!?  I too have thought about not buying a certain kit because of the manufacturer.  BUT it didn't stop me from looking at the nuances.  Older Airfix for example was considered really bad but look at the new kits they are releasing!!  Dragon makes some wonderful kits and don't let one bad one distract from buying from them again.

Awesome that we can come together from all over the globe and have such a great conversation here.  You are all awesome!!

Dave

Well after I was compounded to start this thread I've started the hasegawa 109g plus the Aires resin cockpit, thankfully its light years ahead of THAT kit (can't mention the name as id break out in a sweat and shake uncontrollably lol). To be honest the 109 is perfect and you could throw some glue in the box and shake it together with the kit parts and I reckon it would come out half decent, thanks hasegawa for saving my sanity :-) 

just take into consideration how far we have come. remeber the oldtool Revell F-4 Phantom? its the worst fitting largescale kit i have ever come across, no modern kit is that bad. (even revell seemed to notice because they did a newtool version)

that being said, i have pretty much given up trying to get to the standards that most builds on here have. i will never be that good of a modeler and frankly i am not patient enough either (most of the time). but guess what - if you dont try to top everyone, modeling is much more enjoyable for me. no point in trying to detail something with my paws that i cant see anymore. no more macros for me.... 

Edited by blackbetty

The only thing I'm replacing on mine is  the wheels, other than that the purists can go take a walk..

Was this comment ^ really necessary?  I am one of those purists.  Unlike Tom Cleaver, I didn't toss the model out but filled sanded and enjoyed making it the way I want with the details I want.  I challenge you to find any post on any forum where I tell those that want to "add glue and shake the box" to take a walk or belittle them or their builds for not being accurate.  If this is the way you enjoy your build, then it is fine by me since the point of a hobby is to have fun passing the time.

To return to the discussion, I have enjoyed the PCM Spitfire Mk IX and the Hasegawa Messerschmitts.  I have yet to start my Trumpeter MiG-21UM kit but I am sure to enjoy it since it is a subject I truly like and the kit is within the scope of detailing to the level I desire.

[Edit] I almost forgot, aside from the Dragon F-6 (Mustang) I also have (but not built) two Tamiya Mustangs.  I won't be getting the ZM one simply because I need clean lines, not open panels, to showcase the sharkmouth schemes for my collection.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmotuh

I've seen a number of them done , and they all differ in approaches..

A couple were reasonably straightforward/ simple, right through to the extreme

Total panel fills to rescribes/ resin etc..

Dave Roof must have had a lucky streak, and the fairies on his side :thumbsup: