HK Models 1/32 Meteor Mk 4

LSP_Kevin

Thanks Iain. It's highly simplified, and you could certainly do a lot more with it. The airscale instrument decals aren't an exact fit for the kit's gauges, but close enough in this instance. I'm really liking this simplified approach though, as it just doesn't get in your way, and yet the basic canvas is there for superdetailers and converters to go to town.

Kev

I might have to opt for aftermarket decals myself if I can't reliably use the kit decals, but I'm not sure I want to wait that long either. I might post the decal sheet next so folks can check it out, comment and offer some advice. In meantime, a bit more progress. Seat cushion done:

jk4nvy.jpg

I decided to go with the look of an old, worn-out leather seat cushion. Again, probably not terribly accurate or authentic, but it'll do the job. I reckon it looks more like wood than leather though! Here's the finished control column:

oVa5xY.jpg

It's just single part in the kit, so all you have to do is paint it up. During the course of painting this cockpit, I've discovered that RLM 74 is a fantastic colour for drybrushing over Rubber Black. Gives just enough of a highlight without risking that frosted look, and you have a much wider margin for error before it starts to look wrong.

Here's the seat and control column installed:

Hwh9TV.jpg

The seat cushion looks even more like wood in that photo!

And finally, here's mini-me painted up:

nC2yHD.jpg

I just need to paint the cockpit black and install the windscreen. I'll use some silver decal for the canopy frames.

More soon!

Kev

OK folks, here's a rather poor shot of the kit decals (remember, this is a test print, not the final sheet):

11n7kE.jpg

Not being a Meteor (or RAF) expert, I'm still not sure what's what. I think the really light blue roundels are Argentinian, but the mix of styles for the RAF machine has me confused. Colours actually look OK to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. Printing looks a little dicey though; could well have gone into the plastic sleeve too early, or perhaps the inks used aren't terribly robust.

Anyway, any clues about what the decals represent and where they should go would be most useful!

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Really  nice progress on the Meteor. I'd go with the kit decals and the Argentinien scheme - looks so good and is a nice test of how well the kit decals perform.

Peter