F-80 shooting star, Czech model FINISHED

blackbetty

some rescribing and more primer. with the metallizers you get an easy NM finish, but the base has to be perfect. even the border between primer and no primer, highly polished, is visible through the metallizer. its very thin, actually see-through. looking at ricks build i briefly thought about another paintjob (like a camo). but i really want a korean aera bird, so i will try my best

37_zpsb756bc00.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

for the final metalizing job i choose a different way than with the F-84: i first brushed on a darker metalizer and used a lighter one over it instead of masing panels and painting them different colours

39_zpsa4115a71.jpg

Harv, Harold, Guy, Brian, Maru and Hubert, many thanx for your nice comments! I´m not sure it really was a health stroll, it may not be the ideal candidate for a nice OOB build, really had a hard time with the landing gear and other fiddly bits in the end. this thing would benefit from G-factor struts. i may have scratched a gear if i wasnt dead set on finishing in time, so i just added brake lines and called it a day. maybe someday... and if i do i will shorten the MLG to make it sit lower in the rear. overall the kit is a bear, but at least i finished it:

42_zps770e2361.jpg

46_zps06ba7af8.jpg

45_zps12632174.jpg

44_zps8d60a9e2.jpg

43_zps11b20a7c.jpg