Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Neat and sweet !

Where did you get this wood grain decal Wolfe ?

Hi Mike, got two sheets of the stuff from Burnaby Hobbies in Burnaby BC a few years ago. One sheet is light oak and the second sheet is red oak. Only ever saw them carry this once and there's no manufacturer's ID on the sheets so I have no idea who produced them. Great decal material too so I'll really miss the stuff when I finally run out!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Now that's one awesome looking prop.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter, almost done now. Haven't had much bench time or 'puter time lately so hopefully have 'er done real soon.

Cheers,

Wolf

Very nice Wolf, cant wait to see it mounted to the engine

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard, she's a nice tight push fit on to the prop shaft and she's already in place. A couple of small touch-ups to do and I'll have some final pics to post.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

This is unbelievable Wolf. I applaud your exquisite detailing and attention to realism. Well done.

Thanks Jeremy. The masking job for the prop was not the most fun thing I've ever done but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Next time I think I'll mask off another layer of lamination though now that I've figured out how the laminations look from front to back. Thank goodness for Tamiya masking tape!

Cheers,

Wolf

Finally done! I got 'er finished this last Wednesday but didn't get around to taking pictures until tonight. The last item to add was the rear view mirror. From the reference material I have and the archive photos on Wingnut Wing's website it appears that the mirror was not a very common addition but photos of this particular aircraft show it was installed at some time before the end of the war. It was missing by the time the aircraft was photographed after the armistice in French hands. The one photo of the aircraft in October of 1918 showed the plane to be quite clean so I didn't go too crazy with the weathering. It's a shame so little of the engine can be seen especially with all the extra detailing I did but I thought a little more of it would be viewable. Oh well........ :doh: All in all this is an incredible kit and worth every penny in my opinion. Kudos to Wingnut Wings. Thanks for following along and all the encouraging comments! On to the photos!

Cheers,

Wolf

Fokker-69_zps9a2434cf.jpg

Fokker-62_zpsea6f5121.jpg

Fokker-63_zps96257ad3.jpg

Fokker-64_zps0dce0313.jpg

Fokker-65_zpsdaa7fa0d.jpg

Fokker-66_zps9e41479f.jpg

Fokker-68_zps54c6421e.jpg

Fokker-67_zps9fdc43cb.jpg

Fokker-70_zpsd10fdb1e.jpg

Fokker-71_zps7f7c4c4e.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Congrats on a fantastic build Wolf! The things you guys do with these Wingnut Wings kits is amazing, and this is up there with the best of them.

Kev

Thanks Kev, I have to admit, Wingnut Wings gives you a helluva canvas to work with. And while not an easy kit to build anyone would be hard pressed to give you a bigger bang for your buck. I have a few more of there kits but the ol' Spitfire needs to be finished first. ow where did I put that thing?........................ :shrug:

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Absolutely stunning work. From the initial post to the last, just magnificent work. Fit and finish is right on the money. ..Beautiful done

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What's up next?

:hmmm:

Edited by Peterpools

Wolf

Absolutely stunning work. From the initial post to the last, just magnificent work. Fit and finish is right on the money. ..Beautiful done

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What's up next?

:hmmm:

Thank-you Peter! I wound up spending more time on this kit than I though, mainly fixing self induced errors and tribulations I experienced with compatibility between Humbrol enamels and Tamiya lacquer clear coats. Never had an issue before in that regard. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

Next, time to finish the Spitfire :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Awesome work Wolf! Now its back to the Spitfire right? :thumbsup:

Jim Root :beer4:

Thanks Jim! Yes, it's back to the Spitfire now. First a little bit of deconstruction to correct the location of the tach cable through the firewall, fuel and oil line connections, and she should be done.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Glad to read the Spit is going back on the bench .. can't wait for the first update.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: