NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I like the quote about the Corsair implying that it provides lots of room for weathering. Coral dust and pristine paint did not mix, and those South Pacific planes should look that way.

Still holding out hope for a Draken, a Viggen or (not gonna happen) a Martin B-10B, but I'll go for a Corsair.

Tnarg

Not to disparage anyone's guess's or wants as we each have our own, but Im curious............

Why the want for a 1/32 hurrie?

I mean I know the PCM offering (s) are not "mainstream" nor up to Tam quality (most all manufacturers but WnW have trouble keeping up with/matching Tamiya) but I do have both the fabric wing as well as the metal wing, and have built PCMs spitty...........and although it doesnt have some of the mainstream injected features its a really nice kit in reality;

really nice PE, resin pit accessories, weighted resin wheels really nice fit, good shape and outline and really nice decals

Just my own personal thought as I too love the Hurricane, but honestly we already have two nice 1/32nd injected versions out there, so I was hoping for some.........any release that has never been produced in 32nd.

What we really need and somthing that has been lacking in 1/32 especially is a Japanese Kate, or a Val, to go along with the 1/32 Avenger,Dauntless.Swordfish, offerrings , to really round out the naval attack aircraft from WW2 ( and possably a Devastator TBD ) if Trumpeter will ever make it.

.......Neal

What we really need and somthing that has been lacking in 1/32 especially is a Japanese Kate, or a Val, to go along with the 1/32 Avenger,Dauntless.Swordfish, offerrings , to really round out the naval attack aircraft from WW2 ( and possably a Devastator TBD ) if Trumpeter will ever make it.

.......Neal

I'd put my money on Hasegawa doing the WWII Imperial Japanese subjects. They've been doing a good job at flushing out the 1/32 lineup in these past few years.

Guest Dekenba

I must say that I'm amazed that nobody really knows what's being issued - same with WNW when they suddenly produce a kit from absolutely nowhere, like the Hanover before Christmas.

With so many people involved, it's excellent security that these companies employ to keep it so hushed up.

I guess it's the level of detail and finese that Tamiya puts into their kits that a few of us wish/hope that Tamiya would put out a Hurricane in our scale of choice. I have the PCM metal wing kit and began to build it, but it just lacks that Tamiya feel. :) I built Tamiya's Mk IX Spit and am building their Mk XVIe Spit and these kits rock. The fit isn't bad either :)

Brad

Not to disparage anyone's guess's or wants as we each have our own, but Im curious............

Why the want for a 1/32 hurrie?

I mean I know the PCM offering (s) are not "mainstream" nor up to Tam quality (most all manufacturers but WnW have trouble keeping up with/matching Tamiya) but I do have both the fabric wing as well as the metal wing, and have built PCMs spitty...........and although it doesnt have some of the mainstream injected features its a really nice kit in reality;

really nice PE, resin pit accessories, weighted resin wheels really nice fit, good shape and outline and really nice decals

Just my own personal thought as I too love the Hurricane, but honestly we already have two nice 1/32nd injected versions out there, so I was hoping for some.........any release that has never been produced in 32nd.

I have the PCM metal wing kit and began to build it, but it just lacks that Tamiya feel.

Duh! lol :lol: Dont they all??

I kid.

I guess my point being was that although your correct in that no kit other than maybe a WnW kit "feels" like a Tamiya 32nd new tool, the fact remains, even though it is not up to Tamiya's quality we do have 1 2 in 1/32nd injection.

Not that a 1/32nd Hurricane from Tamiya would be un-wanted.................Id DEFINITELY buy one..............its just that Id MUCH rather see something that we have never had in our scale at all........

I was just hoping for something that no one has seen at all in 32nd.

In the light of the Hurricane Id still take others that are already out but are CRAPPY kits, like an F4U.

Edited by Out2gtcha

I have and built the PCM Hurricane and loved it. Miles ahead of the Revell kit. Yes, it required some putty on the joints, but still went together great.

My off the wall, out-of-left field kit would have to be either a Helldiver or Vindicator. I love my Navy bombers.

Matt :party0023: