"Fuhrungsmachine" Junkers Ju88-H4 / Fw190A8 Mistel

elric

This is a project that has been eating away at me since Revell brought out the Ju88 in 1/32 scale & now with Pastor Johns help & his new H1 conv. kit + more help from him I might be able to bring it to life.

DSCF1610640x619.jpg

It will not be a full on wip, I will post pics from time to time if anyone is interested [as this never moved out of the paper work stage]

DSCF1618640x487.jpg

DSCF1616640x463.jpg

DSCF1615640x567.jpg

DSCF1617640x427.jpg

Just put together with tape for now to get the feel of it.

Yes that is a 300mm rule [12"] in the pics, the length will be approx

680mm in length & 640mm wingspan.

Bob.

Edited by elric

Hi Kev,

I just felt that there might be very little interest on an aircraft that was never built or took flight, although this lends itself to being a "What If" so I can have fun with a color scheme & markings, it was ment to be used as long range protection for U boats coming back to their french port from the atlantic, 20 were ordered but never happened.

Bob.

Edited by elric

Nice and ambitious project. I shall watch with interest.

One question, your illustration show JuMo engines and you have BMWs.. I suppose as a 'what if' its all a little academic, but were both engine types envisaged?

Matt

Hi Matt,

yes the color plate shows Jumo's & in the text it states BMW 801D's, there are other color plates also showing Jumo engines on other mistel projects that should be BMW so I feel that this was a mistake made by the artist maybe?.

Also I think I am right here from memory that the 190 drew fuel from the H4 & Jumo / BMW used different grades of fuel.

So both being BMW would be correct.

Bob.

Hi Willi , Matt,

Been reading further on the H4, and yes the plate is correct Willi, they gave the choice though of using both types of engines, thank god I thought I had paid out for engines I did not require,

Matt, how are you fixing your centre line third wheel I cannot find any info on this except it saying that it was to be released after take off?, so I might put mine on a detatchable base, makes it easier to apply.

Bob.

Edited by elric

Guest Nigelr32

I cannot believe you thought this may not be interesting!! I think I speak for many who would agree, this could be one of the most interesting builds ever!!

Please post as detailed a WIP as you can manage.

Hi Bob The center wheel was released by an explosive bolt charge, most mistels where one time use . Do you also have the external fuel tank with the fins for the Ju 88 that went under the left wing ?The same type carried by the Bf110 D.I think it was a 300liter tank. Willi

Edited by miamiangler