"Fuhrungsmachine" Junkers Ju88-H4 / Fw190A8 Mistel

elric

Hi everyone,

now the summer is over & the shows are coming to an end I can go back to finishing this monster,
just a few pics to remind.

DSCF2115640x411_zpse421f7d4.jpg

DSCF2102640x295_zpsf9d4b025.jpg

DSCF2111640x385_zpse812774b.jpg

as you might see the fuselage is together now & the nose is complete, just some rough edges to smooth out & some panel lines to add.

Bob

Cheers HÃ¥kan,

Had to take a 9 month break though due to commitments with race & record sig + Spitfire =75= at shows.

all that's left is rather straight forward except finding the right camo scheme for it, I would say it would have appeared in 1946 & would have mainly flown over the sea, any takers out there with ideas on a camo scheme, I have looked at Luft 46 but nothing there rings my bell?.

Bob.

I'm really intrigued by this; like others here I have the 48th scale conversion from Paragon, but this is in another league! The double wheel extra gear you've made is a masterstroke - it looks just right!

Here's my camouflage suggestions: Light grey or white wave pattern (Wellenmuster) over late war 81/82/76. Or if you want to be really radical, Wellenmuster over dark blue overall (as per the Michael Ullman proposal that some Luftwaffe maritime Junkers aircraft were delivered in overall dark blue camouflage). Or KG40 Light grey overall with darker grey blotches (as per the schemes in Chris Goss' 'Bloody Biscay' book). Or finally a long range FaG5 aircraft with a Ju290 type scheme with light undersides and a dark top.

Excellent build! I really want to see this finished. :)

Padraic

Hi Kev,
            Yep I nearly forgot about it to,
Hi John,
            There will be more
Hi Padraic,
            Nice ideas on those camo schemes, just found these, with a little change in color to a light grey all over & greyviolet for the rest on the 88 same colors on the FW190 removing the blue & white stripes keeping the cowling nose & wing tips black grey. also tail insignia in low vis.

scan0001640x208_zps9ed0e165.jpg

scan0002640x231_zps4c3ea914.jpg

Bob.

Hi Ian,

Pastor John is the guy who runs www.aimsmodels.co.uk where you can obtain various Ju-88 conversions + other bits.

as mentioned earlier this is not one soul conv. & thanks to PJ's help we cobbled together parts to adapt for the H4 plus a little scratch building by me.

Bob