Working in a Pig Sty....

wunwinglow

Phew, I'm not alone! But then I always said a tidy desk was a sign of having nothing better to do than tidy your desk.... We all seem to have much better things to do than tidy up!

Biplane is a Trumpeter Swordfish, by the way. Build log in the In Progress forum.

Tim P

My problem is now I have to clear the mess in front of my workspace just to get to the workspace.

Oh well, I guess being naturally messy is a manly thing. Something about testosterone or whatever.

Besides, it bugs our neat and tidy wives and at times that is a plus.

Stephen

I start with a nice, clean work surface and cardboard; paints all arranged.

Now I'm hemmed in by jars and bottles, knives and brushes everywhere, and all that plastic debris and detritus underfoot...

I guess it's a process. Gonna have to vacuum the floor of the man cave soon--there are probably enough dropped parts down there to cannibalize an aircraft with!

Tim W.

Tim P

Great looking mess there, shows progress.

I would in your case be more worried about the tin of Humbrol Gold(?) on the left hand paint rack, if that hits the bench your swordfish may end up with an interwar special paint scheme.

Andy

l find once you are starting not to find parts or tools (even the work bench top) then it is time to straighten it out and start fresh (lastest about an hour). My desk opposite of the work bench is cleaned regularly by the wife as she uses the computer and gets fustrated with it. She never touches the work bench (knows better) and anything l have on the desk is arranged in neat piles according to what they are (bills, mail, reference material etc)

Hi Andy, Thanks, I moved the gold paint to a safer place.

I didn't move anything else though!

I reckon any one of use could be Star Trek Transported to anyone of each others benches, and be back to work within 14 seconds!

Tim

PS I think we all need to see some proof of these messy workbench claims. More pics please....

Edited by wunwinglow

Well this is how i try to keep mine ..

1/48 F-4E on the bench in that pic

I have to keep this clean has well for one it makes it easier to work but 2 the GF will breath down my neck if it gets too messy!

p1030141o.jpg

Also im the kind of guy that looses something i just set down .... so clean kinda helps ... dam ADD