Transforming the Trump F-105G into an F

Eli Raphael

Superb news Eli!

Not much difference between an F and a G Wild Weasel, apart from the ECM blisters on the fuselage flanks (which need removing for the F - yes, that was not the real criteria for distinguishing them, as it was a designation change, but it's a good rule of thumb).

Just requires cutting them out, putting backing plastic card on the inside of the fuselage halves and filling in the holes.

Any advance news on which F/G subjects you have planned Eli?

cheers

Tony T

Hi,

Has anybody tried it?

Will be releasing a set of F/G decals soon.

Stay tuned.

Thanks

I have the G and it is my plan to do an F as used by Ryan's Raiders; will your set cover one of them?

My research shows many IMO minor detail differences once the large ECM "blisters" are removed.

Aft cockpit is very different than that of the G though. I plan to combine two Aires D model cockpits with specific details added.

http://34tfsthuds.us/ryans/

Barry

I have the G and it is my plan to do an F as used by Ryan's Raiders; will your set cover one of them?

My research shows many IMO minor detail differences once the large ECM "blisters" are removed.

Aft cockpit is very different than that of the G though. I plan to combine two Aires D model cockpits with specific details added.

http://34tfsthuds.us/ryans/

Barry

If I recall correctly, the antenna on the wingtips also need to be removed from the G.

As abovementioned, the IP panels changed a lot. There were various iterations between the first Fs used for testing Wild weasels tactics when the few dual seats F-100 were used in country and the final ones that were more or less G-like.

Ask Tony for more details, he's probably the most competent people here to give you such details!

This is one aircraft I had forgotten about, which is unusual as I love the F-105 Thuds - must get hold of one of those one day as i'm certain thet there is a lot of AM stuff that I could do for it.

Good luck with your new line of decals for it Eli.

Cheers

D.