Oh no, another JU-88 build...............

smudger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, forgot about the in progress piccies but heres a few of the finished (today) model. I've been rushing to finish it as I fly out to the UK later this week for a couple of days for a family party & then I want to show this model at the London, Ontario IPMS show at the end of the September............................still some odds & sods to finish but it's close enough for me :-)

7965692388_b2c1ae1479_b.jpg

7965688954_ae0f2eb214_b.jpg

7965696280_26b07e0529_b.jpg

7965685296_1e0c8b9371_b.jpg

I do have some more but the battery on my camera died as I was uploading them.

All comments welcome,

Happy modelling, Martin

What did you think about the overall build? I am building this one right now but im having a lot of trouble with the 2 big pieces putting it together. There is a lot of tension...

About your work: i absolutely love the colour you put on it with a nice shade coming through. The thing i don't like so much is the (moulding)line on the MG.

I really hope i can make mine look somewhat like yours!

Guest Peterpools

Martin

Fantastic work on your JU88 :thumbsup: . The weathering and worn, used look of the front office is perfectly done. Of course, the fit and finish of the JU88 is dead on the money and just the way I like it: Used but not Abused. :clap2:

Peter.

Thx for all the comments guys.

Hey Heico, yea, I overlooked the mould line on the MG but fortunately I can remove that as the circular glass panel is not glued in place yet.

That will be done before the show...................

Had a look at your web site Heico, some great looking models on there mate, well done.

The kit itself, well..................

1. Generally great fit but I had problems in some areas, mainly joining the fuseelage & the top section, probably my issues though.
  2. The instructions are too small, especially the decal placement guide, come on guys, make at least that part bigger so we can see which way round decals go without using a magnifying glass all the time.
  3. The landing gear legs are weak & the wheels are already bending the axles, will be metal legs on the next build.
  4. Overall though a great kit & I have another one on order to do a Trop verison as I really like the desert schemes.

It is one big impressive model when finished though & I'm pretty pleased with the final product.

7974428637_35d44c4bf4_b.jpg

7974427461_ffeac10767_b.jpg

7974426589_8f7ccce8b7_b.jpg

Happy modelling everyone,

Martin

Thanks for the compliment Martin!

Thanks on the landinggear tip too, it is offcourse a big plane, but my first impression was that it could maybe hold.

Looks like i'll have to place some metal pins in it or something.

Again my compliments for yours, i like the soft touch of the colouring. Maybe i read over it, maybe not, but which colours did you use?