German twin : Vac Do-335 nightfighter

Loic

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for the very kind words and encouragements.

I hope those who will purchase the kit will be happy with it ;)

Peter,

I am afraid photobucket have blocked all of my photos because I have been uploading too many pics lately :D

The message I recived says they will show up again on 22nd of feb unless I upgrade to "professionnal" and pay for it of course <_<

I might do that if it gets too boring but for now, I will use an other PB account I created from my girlfriend email :ph34r: .

Thanks for following guys !

Good for you Derek. I was watching the progress with great respect for the incredible detail and accuracy during the build up.

I know he will be a great asset to the WWII modelers...

All I can say is WOW.

Harold

Hi guys,

and thanks for the kind words Richard and Tomek :speak_cool:

Priming was done this morning and well, I am glad I did it....

The areas I thought they were immaculate ald NOT clean at all so imagine what the areas I knew they needed attention look like :crying:

I think there are about two hundreds little touch up needed, a dozen minor and two major issues (minor ==> rather easy to fix vs major ==> rather difficult to fix).

I shall post pics later today.

Thanks for following guys!

Well, first batch of fixing and touch up have been done and second layer of primer has been applied.

While it is curing, I thought a couple of pics could be interesting.

Here are the main parts after first batch of rework. Every area that is white/silver/brass/anything but grey is an evidence of rework... as you can see, there are quite a lot of those areas !

DSC05720.jpg

DSC05721.jpg

Second layer looks promissing, not perfect but promissing...

Loic

I know that some who make masters for casting will sometimes, at this stage, get an intermediate part made in resin upon which to carry out the final cleanup. The advantage of this approach is that

1. you are dealing with just one material (resin) so it is easier to get a good uniform finish and

2. as each component is cast into resin you are dealing with a single piece and don't have to worry about knocking bits off as you sand/polish the final finish...

Looks like you're coping as it is. Looks really nice in primer.

Matt

Thanks a lot Matt ;)

Makes a lot of sence indeed but I really think it is too early yet to go that way.

Before anything else, I need to be sure the master pattern looks as good as can be (to my eyes at least).

Ok, ..... second primer layer and second touch up done:

DSC05722.jpg

DSC05723.jpg

I could not resist a quick dryfit test :innocent: ... I did not take lots of attention in putting the parts together which explains the rather poor alignement on some pics:

DSC05725.jpg

DSC05726.jpg

DSC05727.jpg

DSC05729.jpg

DSC05730.jpg

DSC05731.jpg

Guys, I do not say that everyday but I am rather happy with the results :D

The primer blends everything together and highlights the detailling (including mistakes)...

I kinda like the way it looks now :blush:

Now, back to the main issue that remains as we speak: the 2 cooling pumps that are on the front of each cylindre banks... I have already done those ones but I am not happy with the results so I have to rethink about a way of replicating those pumps.

Thanks a lot for following my friends !

Looks great loic - and goes together really well :goodjob:

Primer is very useful in checking your work, as it never looks the same before the application of the paint, and it provides the ideal finish for moulding the casting tool.

Derek