NEWS built the1/32 TEMPEST

topper71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

+1

I wrestled with this when I built by Typhoon. The rivets are visible on the real thing, if the picture is very close up and the lighting is perfect. But I think they are far too subtle to be effectively duplicated on a model, even in 1/32.

Like Kevin said, I usually include the "Dzus" fasteners that hold on the cowls and such. Not only are they larger and more prominent than the rivets, they tend to have the paint chipped around them as well.

Hi, guys! I'm building the Eduard's 1/48 version of this plane. And when researching for the building, I discovered that the tempest planes have not rivets in the surface. all the rivets and some of the panel lines was puttied and sanded smoot in the factory, to create a laminar flux surface, as they did in the P51 Mustang.

I found a lot of pictures of tempests, but never found one with rivets in the plane's surface.

I intended to do a 1/32 tempest in the future, but I intend to do with the hobbycraft Sea Fury, only changing the front(motor case) who will be done by scratch...

About the job, its awesome! Its great!

We have a Typhoon rear fuselagesection on display the museum originating from RB397. Plenty of rivets but they are flush, no putty to be seen.

Hope this helps.

We cannot have too many Tempest models here on LSP.

Cees

• 2 months later...

Hi Maru5137,

I wait of my decals, a friend have to make them for me but he have accident...maybe by the next time I will be to take my " scale precision paint mask " set When I will be to finish my Tempest before Special Hobby

regards Topper71

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I received last week my decals of the NV 724 from Pierre Clostermann I have Some problems with the codes JF E, I have paint

this one here the pics of my progress

regards topper71

sam_0111.jpg

sam_0110.jpg

Great Job.

Very nice kit and this plane is very beautiful...

Can you show more pics of this wood stand?

Marcelo

• 3 weeks later...