Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About tchwrma

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life
  • Birthday 06/30/1958

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    WW2 and post war jets, 1/48 and 1/32

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. hello chuck I can smell another Masterpiece being born. So I'll take a seat in the 1st row and follow up from the beginning. I wish you a nice work! Cheers, Paulo.
  2. After a long time from April, and with a first package lost, then resended by Radu, I finally have received my Raffle prize. Thanks to Radu, to Kevin and to LSP! Paulo.
  3. Congratulations, my friend! another masterpiece! I hope that soon I would conclude mines. But if I could do a half good as your is, it will be fabulous! Cheers, Paulo.
  4. I'm using Imgur for some years, without troubles. Try it. Paulo.
  5. Hi, Rudy. As answering some of your questions, I assure to you that every F-5 in the world hve the lights in the sidewinder pods. And about the lights color, Brazil purchased two lots of American F-5s. The first lot was brand new planes, with some modifications maded over the old jets. The second lot was basicly retired planes from the NAVY aggressors. Just for curiosity in this lot we found the first and the second F-5E maded in the world. And besides this, all the Brazilian jets have the same configuration with red lights and Green in the pods and blue in the other lights. And the blue ones are real blue, when lighted. As you can see in these pictures: The assembly of these two planes was a old dream made true, and besides the inumerous troubles with the Kittyhawk kits, the results are given me satisfacted. Cheers, Paulo
  6. Congratulations, my old friend! I'm sure that in your hands will be a wonderful plane! Cheers, Paulo.
  7. Congratulations for ypur raffle prize, my old friend! Perhaps this could turn you back to the bench! Cheers, Paulo.
  8. I use a Brazilian Decal paper, the Sirap paper. they have it in White or trasnsparent foil, to Inkjet or to Laser. I use the transparent type to laser print, and pritn tem in a professional Laser print. I do the art in corel draw and then take them to a local printing shop. to get the decals printed. With these method, I havea perfect decals, with no varnish sealing. These decals could be used easely, without any troubles. Of course, this kind of tdecals could not be applied with none decal setting solution, who could damage the decals. When the decal is applied over a recessed panel line, I let them dry and cut the dacal with a blade over the line, and apply the wash over the sealing varnish, who let the decal oerfectly apllied. For sealing I use automotive poliester varnish, who dries in 3 minutes and is perfect to wash with oil pastels. Cheers, Paulo.
  9. Thanks, my friend. Just at this point, my compressor blows out. I'm no painting since friday. Tomorrow I believe that the job will be resumed. Cheers, Paulo.
  10. I just remember that i not made the lights in my third plane, the Hasegawa one. I will do it and will photogaph the process. Then I will post here. Cheers, Paulo.
  11. This was the work realized in the Hellcat: Cheers, Paulo.
  12. I just cut a piece of colored plastic and glued in the place, in the sidewinders pod. Then I sanded with a dremel, to get the approximate size. The final sanding was made with various grains of sandpaper, until finally polishing the part, to get it done. Unfortunately, i did not photographed the process, but I can post pictures of the process made in a wingtips lights in a 1/32 Hellcat. It's the same process, only changing the clear plastic used in the Hellcat one for a colored plastic in the F-5E.
  13. Rudy, thanks for your kind words, but I'm sure of these lights. And a curiosity: The lights on the sidewinder pod are red and green, but the round ligths in the wing are red and blue, in the same way of the ones in the inlets of the fuselage. At least in the Brazilian jets. Cheers, Paulo.
  14. Hi, guys! After some time in posting the updates of the kits, besides that I had made progress in the kits, I failed in update the jobs. So let's go: I was unhappy with the Wheel bays, so I decided to made some scratch to get a better results. I sanded the original tubing. and created the tubing of the bays using brass tubes. The results: This work gave me so many troubles, tat I decided to made the scratch in only one kit, leaving the other one OOB. Here the two planes completely assembled: Here a modification (I can't resist). The position lights of the kit are quite ugly, and not create a good shape in the wingtip pod. So I discarded them and made new ones, with colored plastic. Much better, I believe: Here, finally I received the Archer rivets set. One part absent in the kit, as the Kittyhawk kit are not an F-5E, but an F-5N, is the windshield cleaning pod. I copied in resin from the pod included in the hasegawa kit. Here applied: So after the correction of some issues, finally I started to paint them. First color in the two(Brown in the 4870 and grey in the 4857) Soon, more updates. Cheers, Paulo.
  • Create New...