1/32 Tamiya Zero A6M2

Bladerunner

Guest Peterpools

Absolutely gorgeous work on the front office and the engine.

Pre shading sure looks good and had to be a ton of work up to this point. :speak_cool:

Peter

:popcorn:

Edited by Peterpools

Nice! Almost makes me want to shout "Banzai!"

I have the M2 and M5 in my stash. One of these days I'll build them--work like your remains very inspiring!

Tim W

• 1 month later...

Its been a while - summer, baseball (we got into the playoffs but got knocked out in the first round) and busy work. But I did manage to get this zero painted. I was attempting to make a relatively clean bird but still have some of the preshade show though. Also, I had a very hard time with the Tamiya decals last time so I wanted to try painting the major markings (I have never done that before!!). I am very happy so far:

CIMG0329.jpg

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG0331.jpg

CIMG0332.jpg

All paint is tamiya acrylic - and its been generally custom mixed. Main colour is the XF-76 with White at about 3:1; Hinomarus are red to hull red 7:1 and the yellow band is about yellow to red at about 20:1 (I know but I didn't want to bother going to get an Orange!

Next step is to gloss things up and do the decals... I can hardly wait!

• 2 months later...

Ok - I have been a bad poster... I went ahead and finished it without much of any updates. Basically I painted on the markings, glossed it, decals and then promodeller wash. I think this is my best model so far and I am very happy with the results. I will take some better pics when I figure out this camera. The contrasts are not as harsh to the eye as they are to this camera!

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

The Zero is very nice .Looks awesome ! I`m working on my A6M5 and like to know did you brush or spray the pro modeler wash on the a/c ,because I am getting close to doing the washes . how did you do it ?

Willi

Hi Willi - Thanks!

Promodeller wash is brushed on a gloss finish. The glossier the finish (and deeper the panel lines) the better it works. I believe promodeller wash is very fine pigment suspended in water. Once its dry you take a paper towel or qtip and wipe off the excess.