Jerry Rutman's D-13

Guest Martinnfb

Jerry , thanks for the comment.

and yes, That is exactly my point. I was studying yellow 10 for hours, took hundreds of pictures. The current restoration does not look right to me. See pages 19-23 in Yellow 10 book. plus on the page 34 is clear picture of whatever is left after the scoop that has been chopped off. Jerry , there is nothing wrong with your resin scoop, but there is definitely something wrong with the one currently installed on the yellow 10.And you are right,I do have too much space between the fuselage and the opening , but I'm not done yet. I am going to make one more cut laterally in order to achieved the desired angle. Last night I had to pile up a bunch of putty on it so I will have the material to play with.

Thanks again and please let me know what you think.

Thanks again

Martin

I would love to talk to Jerry Crandall about this, since it is his baby :)

Hi Martin,

Just caught up with this interesting thread and the ongoing discussions about D-13 intake shapes. I also spent many hours pouring over photos...probably the same ones as you and I came to the same conclusions. I look forward to following your build.

Regads

Steve McC

Gentleman,

Thanks to all of you for your kind word. :bow: And once again please do not hesitate to criticize and comment on the "stuff" I may not have noticed. Your opinion means a lot to me. And no , You are not going to hurt my feelings. :speak_cool:

I've decided to open the radiator flaps, since the real thing has it open and it is such an interesting feature, that in my opinion it gives to this plane a very crude and menacing look. :ninja: Also ( judging by the pictures)many in line engined Fw had it open on the ground practically all the time.

So I've cut out the nose section from original mold in order to utilize two alignment pins.I had to add the radiator hoses and flap connectors. The flap actuators will be added upon the final installation. I am not sure whether this is going to be noticeable, but again ,,, we know it's there and ready... :ninja:

the propeller has some bubbles i missed, do you guys have any suggestion, how to fix it. They are on the edge. Polyester putty, perhaps?

radiatord13002.jpg

radiatord13001.jpg

radiatord13000.jpg

d13-25.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

There was a little misfit on wurger production line that has resulted into a big one, the fuselage was moved laterally. i do not know how one can possibly manage that, but when i was gluing in the tube for the manipulation openning...damn.. this is waaay beyond the limits of my mental potential. So resin is where it belongs and the new plastic fuse is in. live to learn or die trying or whatever...Iam so frustrated ...gotta get some sleep

d-13001.jpg

d-13002.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for stopping by guys,

ehhhh, the fuselage was warped like a snail and i was simply lacking the skill and patience to solve it , so I gave up and opted for plastic instead. I don't want to make up too many silly excuses about lack of time and hardship of life, just need to consolidate myself and be back in full force and excitement again....hm...soon.

Bear with me gens, the end is near...nearish ...man I am making up new words as I go cool :punk:

M.