Mind if I dock here?

WrongWay

That helps a lot Mark! I needed some views of the deck in color and that about covers it. I have some Tamiya paint in my stash that matches that deck color perfectly. Now if the weather will just cooperate with me I can spray some paint. The high temp here is 33 today! My little space heater is having trouble warming up the garage.

Cheers,

Don

I'll take your 33 and give you my 18...gladly!

Ouch! I feel for ya! It's supposed to warm up to 54 here by Friday so I'm holding off until then. I took a couple of days off from work so I should have some nice updates on this project next week.

Cheers,

Don

And I'll take your +18 deg F and trade you for my minus -11 F

I doubt I could even function in those kinds of temps! :o Fifty is even too cold for me. Bring on spring and summer!

Cheers,

Don

The basic camo pattern is done. In the morning I'll begin refining it and touching up. After that the deck will be painted and then a heavy coat of Future to seal it all in. I'll give the Future coat a few days to cure and then weathering will start on the lower hull. I want to complete the lower half before I start on the upper structures.

Please excuse my crappy photos. I was working late tonight and this is the best I could manage at the moment. I'll have some better ones later.

IMG_6516lsp.jpg

IMG_6517lsp.jpg

These late model Elcos had huge telescoping antennas which is great since I need a long antenna for the reciever. I cut one from K&S metal wire and made the sleeve form aluminum tubing.

IMG_6529lsp.jpg

That helps a lot Mark! I needed some views of the deck in color and that about covers it. I have some Tamiya paint in my stash that matches that deck color perfectly. Now if the weather will just cooperate with me I can spray some paint. The high temp here is 33 today! My little space heater is having trouble warming up the garage.

Cheers,

Don

33 sounds good. It is snowing again as I write this. In three weeks we have had three snowfalls of 14 inches, 6 inches and last week 16 inches. It is all piled up all over the place as there is very little melting. Now more snow. It is a lovely winter scene here in Connecticut, once we dig ourselves out again, and again, and again. This weather was normal in Chicago where I grew up. But its unusual in my area in CT.

Stephen

Lovely paint job there Don!

Looking really good with some colour on her.

You sure you aren't going to go for the smoke generators??? :coolio:

Phil

Thanks Phil! It's too late for the smoke generators. :lol: I am thinking about working lights though. It would be neat to have the spot light lit up along with a few of the navigation lights.

Cheers,

Don

camo looks great, nicely laid down.

Thanks Shawn. I used Gator paint masks to make the job easier. It would have been tough without them. Even with the masks it was tough due to the length and curvatures of this thing. I had to cut some of the masks to get them to fit. It all worked out in the end though.

Cheers,

Don

Well I finally finished spraying the camo today. I went back and changed some of the shapes to match wartime photos of this paint scheme. I'm very happy with it now. I plan to finish touching it up in the morning and sealing it in a coat of Future for weathering.

Cheers,

Don

A few shots from today.

IMG_6540lsp.jpg

IMG_6544lsp.jpg

IMG_6550lsp.jpg

IMG_6563lsp.jpg

IMG_6565lsp.jpg

IMG_6569lsp.jpg

Edited by WrongWay