So, from where I'm sitting

LSP_Mike

I think making a Gotha is in many way's a bigger challenge then a ww2 4 engine airplane.

and a nice start to make 3 engine bomber like the Savoia-Marchetti S.M. 79

post-5365-1279319629.jpg

I think making a Gotha is in many way's a bigger challenge then a ww2 4 engine airplane.

Nice one Pfuf.

I have this one in paper too, BTW. :mental: I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from by now.

I would happily attempt to own/buid any of these in injection.

I have these in 1/32 vacuform (Sm.79. Lanc. Halifax, B-17, B-24, B-29, Sterling, Wellington, He.52, etc.)

Lots more in paper card kits.

The problem is I don't have the time to build them.

I'm tpo busy making money. Or trying to anyway.

Stephen

I agree Pfuf, the SM 79 would be a very good choice. Just to put Nick out of his misery, I do not know what future releases Martin at Wingscale has in mind, other than the first few, however, if he has a lot of support from the modelling fraternity in general, then it can only be encouraging for the prospects of a possible four engined bomber at some future date.

Derek

I agree Pfuf, the SM 79 would be a very good choice. Just to put Nick out of his misery, I do not know what future releases Martin at Wingscale has in mind, other than the first few, however, if he has a lot of support from the modelling fraternity in general, then it can only be encouraging for the prospects of a possible four engined bomber at some future date.

Derek

he he only kidding Derek :evil_laugh:

whilst a four engine bomber would be uber cool, and whilst i would loooove it to be a Lancaster, i am surprised that there are not more calls for a Mosquito in 1/32, or at least a new one which is on a par with its contemporaries, rather than on a par with stuff released 40 years ago

come on now, surely the best twin engined plane of the war BY A COUNTRY MILE deserves better?

(i often play games with myself asking what 3 planes i would chose from WWII based on performance, and every time i choose our Wooden Friend - it could take a similar payload to a B-17 for goodness' sake! but i digress...)

anyway, we live in great 1/32 modelling times, and the only downer is that i do not have a Yoda-like life expectancy in which to build all these great kits!

Nick

he he only kidding Derek :party0023:

whilst a four engine bomber would be uber cool, and whilst i would loooove it to be a Lancaster, i am surprised that there are not more calls for a Mosquito in 1/32, or at least a new one which is on a par with its contemporaries, rather than on a par with stuff released 40 years ago

come on now, surely the best twin engined plane of the war BY A COUNTRY MILE deserves better?

(i often play games with myself asking what 3 planes i would chose from WWII based on performance, and every time i choose our Wooden Friend - it could take a similar payload to a B-17 for goodness' sake! but i digress...)

anyway, we live in great 1/32 modelling times, and the only downer is that i do not have a Yoda-like life expectancy in which to build all these great kits!

Nick

:D :evil_laugh:

No probs Nick (I knew you were only kidding). As a lover of the P-61, I have to agree that the Mosquito could certainly out perform it in terms of speed, but anything else would probably be pushing my loyalties a bit! :DodgeBall:. Having said that, the Mosquito is definately an obvious choice, and I know that Martin has many ideas for subjects he would like to tackle, so I would not be at all surprised if the Mosquito is pretty far up on his 'to do' list?

Cheers

Derek

Nick emoted passionately:

Nick, you are absolutely right, which is why the B-25 is getting done.

and, just to stir the pot, I'd put the Beaufighter ahead of the Mossie. Used in all theaters and that you know.

Nick emoted passionately:

Nick, you are absolutely right, which is why the B-25 is getting done.

and, just to stir the pot, I'd put the Beaufighter ahead of the Mossie. Used in all theaters and that you know.

hoo hoo!!!

that's so outrageous i can't take it seriously!!!

:speak_cool: :thumbsup: :huh:

not sure whether i am wound up by your post (not really) or the fact that i just spent £20+ on the final volume of 2nd TAF in the hope of finding some B-25J pics (Mitchell III actually), and only seeing perhaps one image from which i could base a plane on

still, nice book though

hey ho

Nick

:)