Scratch built Westland Lysander Mk 1 1:30 Scale

fozzy

Hello to everybody!

As usual my thanks to all of you who have shown an interest in this build and to answer the question that was asked on what would be my next build .............I think I will be trying to finish my 1:24 scale Spitfire that has taken me 2 years on and off to try and finish.Unfortunatly it will be another marathon thread as most of it is scratch built!! ;) You know me and my Scratch building!!

So .......on with the Lysander. Last time I posted I said that I was going to attatch the wings. Well thats all done now and I am pleased that I didn't have too many problems with it!

Previously in this build I showed you how the wings were going to be attatched.........with the two pins on the wing support frame going into small drilled out holes in the wing roots. A small problem I had was that when I did a dry run one wing looked as though it was forward of the other! this is because I drilled the small holes on one of the wings in the wrong position!! :speak_cool: soon fixed however by drilling more holes in the correct position!!

When the glue dryed out and the wings were set, I glued the pre-built wing support struts into place .

In this first picture you can see that I had to make a strut fixing point out of Milliput.................

post-20052-1286448302.jpg

.........and finally front Starboard side..............

post-20052-1286449567.jpg

Ok...so now thats done ...all I have left to do is :-

Attatch the Propeller

Fix the rear machine gun in place

attatch the Antenna

So will post for the last time when thats all done!! :speak_cool:

Cheers lads

Fozzy

Sorry for the profanity Foz but that's just bloody marvellous!!!!!

Just amazing what you have produced from nothing.

Bit like Blue Peter for grown ups!

Phil :speak_cool:

They never gave me a badge though!!

Cheers Phil