Scratch built Westland Lysander Mk 1 1:30 Scale

fozzy

The next thing I had to achieve was to place the Canopy onto the Fuselage. Now this was difficult and an extremely slow process! As a recap ....the Canopy was formed ,earlier on in this build ,out of a piece of food packaging I saw my Wife just about to throw in the kitchen bin! I grabbed it off her and made this Canopy you see in these next few pictures. ......because this is scratch built you have to force it to fit and trim around the edges and do a bit of filling etc etc and finally you hope that it looks ok!!! :evil_laugh:

I have only placed the front and middle section of the Canopy so far!...I still have to place the top,rear and side pilot sliding windows on before I can attach the wings.

Any way here are a few shots of what it looks like so far................

post-20052-1285765502.jpg

post-20052-1285765875.jpg

So there you have it!!

In the next couple of days I will be fixing the rest of the Canopy in place and then weathering the Fuselage just a wee bit before placing the wings on!.....oh and I am also lucky enough to be going on a trip tomorrow to Gallipoli to see the

WW1 battle sites of the ANZAC troops in Turkey. The Dardanelles campaign happened only 4 hours from where I live.

I will post again in a few days

Cheers

Fozzy

Thanks Kev

I have just returned from Gallipoli on an amazing trip and if any of you are interested I have started a thread in General Discussion here My Gallipoli Trip

Getting back to the Lysander I have managed yesterday to finish placing the rest of the canopy onto the Lizzie.Here are some photos of how it looks now................

post-20052-1286185715.jpg

post-20052-1286186027.jpg

So now that the Canopy is in place I will have to tackle the nasty task of attatching the wings.....something I have been dreading (because of the wing struts) so wish me luck............

Will post when the Wings are on!

Don't worry,this long and drawn out thread is nearing its final post!! :evil_laugh:

Fozzy

Don't worry,this long and drawn out thread is nearing its final post!! :evil_laugh:

We're only worried because this fantastic build is approaching its end mate. Loved every update personally, and hope you'll start something else soon so we can follow along in awe with that one too.

Kev

Brilliant work, Fozzy! I do have one question, and if it's been answered already, please accept my apologies - why 1/30th scale? Not that it really matters, of course; what you've done is amazing in any scale.

Regards,

Learstang

Brilliant work, Fozzy! I do have one question, and if it's been answered already, please accept my apologies - why 1/30th scale? Not that it really matters, of course; what you've done is amazing in any scale.

Regards,

Learstang

Hi Learstang

Apologies accepted! I have worked in 1:30 scale before and liked the scale......but as for the Lysander I didn't go out of my way to do it in 1:30 scale because at the time of up-scaling the plans I had ,I was having megga problems with the computer/printer etc and I just gave up and when I checked the finished print,it happened to be 1:30 scale and since I liked the scale I stuck to it!!....I hope thats answered your question :)

Cheers

Fozzy

Hi Learstang

Apologies accepted! I have worked in 1:30 scale before and liked the scale......but as for the Lysander I didn't go out of my way to do it in 1:30 scale because at the time of up-scaling the plans I had ,I was having megga problems with the computer/printer etc and I just gave up and when I checked the finished print,it happened to be 1:30 scale and since I liked the scale I stuck to it!!....I hope thats answered your question :evil_laugh:

Cheers

Fozzy

Thank you, Fozzy! That answers my question. Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Learstang