He-162 A2 Salamander

jeroenpeters

Here you said that you thought that you were ruining the model by painting the putty lines in but it turned out to be one of the coolest paint jobs that I have ever seen dude! Great work. Really superb.

J

You guys are too kind.

Especially after several mishaps today.

Paint coming off. Touch ups. Ill fitting tail.

Fixed it all, but a lot of swearing was needed...

White 6 is on.

pffff....

16227.jpg

Edited by jeroenpeters

Another classy model rolling along the production line!

Thnx!

Here's the Salamander burning the candle on both ends :speak_cool:

16228.jpg

The glass candle cups ensure a good allignment during fixating.

I tested the weight of the engine and noticed this would be a tail sitter!

With a buttoned up fuselage I found no way of inserting fishing lead or 4,5mm pellets.

I cut the pellets in two, squeezed them to 1,5 mm discs and inserted them through the wing openings (that were not attached yet).

Works fine, but the model is getting really heavy now! Especially since there was already a lot of fishing line weights in there.

Normally you would put these in the nose cone, but since that is off, I have to put it right behind the cockpit.

Since that is closer to the pivot point (F=M times d) you need more weight.

16229.jpg

The Spats is looking great ! In all of my books (Jet Planes of the Third Reich)ths is just one of them,it looks like the real 162' are tail sitters also ! Your posts have inspired me to start working on my Spats again.

Willi

The Spats is looking great ! In all of my books (Jet Planes of the Third Reich)ths is just one of them,it looks like the real 162' are tail sitters also ! Your posts have inspired me to start working on my Spats again.

Willi

Hi Willi,

Thnx! In fact; all the real 162 were tail sitters. When the guns were taken out for maintenance or replacement,

the tail had to be supported.

Scavenging the gun and removing the nose wheel don't help either...

66344942.jpg

It worked!

Something about video seems to really put you more in touch with the way the model looks. More so like your actually looking at it instead of looking at pics of it.

Now youve done it Jeroen...........Ive got to go out and pic one of these up..............maybe even the V-tail and a set of scratched forward swept wings...... :hmmm:

Great work Jeroen, LOVE it!

Brian

:rolleyes: No, you cannot as the mechanic is having a nap inside at the moment

Cees

Thnx for bringing that to my attention Cees! Discipliny measures have been taken!

Here are the pics. There's still one part missing from this pit. Guess who spots it first!

16230.jpg

16231.jpg

16232.jpg