Hasegawa Fw 190S Conversion

LSP_Kevin

Thanks Derek, that's pretty much what I (try to) do. I think my Milliput is just too old, though I noticed that it seemed get harder after a couple of days, so perhaps curing time slows as it ages too.

Kev

You may well be right there Kev - I'm still using a ten nyear old stick!

I find that the superfine white Milliput - especially if not mixed thoroughly enough - can, if broken up after curing, become crumbly or delaminated. The standard (Grey/Green) Millput, however, has none of those problems, and seems to cure to a much harder state than the superfine white Milliput (for that, read rock hard!).

I am really enjoying watching you tackle this project Kev, you are doing an excellent job of it - it will really stand out from any other 190s (or other fighters) when completed :goodjob:

Cheers

Derek

I am really enjoying watching you tackle this project Kev, you are doing an excellent job of it - it will really stand out from any other 190s (or other fighters) when completed :goodjob:

Thanks Derek, much appreciated! Glad you're enjoying the show.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for showing use your mill putty tick, pretty cool stuff.

Look forward to more updates.

Christian

Thanks for checking in Christian. I hope you can use the Milliput trick some day!

Kev

OK folks, I've finished all the detailing and correction work that can be done to the lower wing at this stage. There's more to be done, but it has to wait for the wings to be joined to each other, and the fuselage. Here's how it currently looks after a light coat of Mr Surfacer 1200:

XpTHaP.jpg

A bit hard to see much in that photo I realise. Here's a closer shot of one of the new gun bulges:

rDzmqT.jpg

While it's not perfect, I'm really happy with the way this turned out. Well worth the effort!

Here's a comparison shot of the stock wing (minus the raised surface detail) and my modified part:

34Iy2S.jpg

I was originally planning to modify both these wings together for efficiency's sake (the other one comes from the Hasegawa 'High Grade' hybrid Dora kit I have), but decided it would be more interesting to see the comparison between the two at the end. Now I have to do it all again! (Actually, I'm planning to begin building the other kit soon, making it concurrent with this one, so look for a new thread soon.)

Well guys, what do you think?

Kev

rDzmqT.jpg

Well guys, what do you think?

AWESOME! Love the smooth look.............and not a bit of lumpiness or roughness.

Well done man. Will make for a good base for the rest of the conversion. :popcorn: Watching with interest mate........

Cheers,
Brian

Hi Kev,

I am doing real good, I am still very busy but good thanks.

Am I building anything?

Well, nothing right now but that Do335 I bought from Tigger is desperatly calling for some attention :rolleyes: ... I just want to avoid starting an other thread that will go dead within a week (just like it happened with all the previous ones I started this year) :closedeyes:

Did you use that ruler I sent you to measure out the rivetting?

Yep, you bet! The left side came out straighter than the right, as I used tape as I guide for that one, whereas for the right side I ruled a line in pencil and tried to follow it. Lesson learned: always use tape as a guide!

Kev

Wow, that came out really nice! Nice job on the gun cover bulges. You'd never know that bit was a modification. Wonderful!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate your kind words. If the D-11 sports the same kind of underwing bulges, I'll have to do it all again with my companion build!

Kev