Brewster Buffalo Special hobby (Dutch Decal)

Pfuf

Ah, interesting!

I have the same kit with the same decals in the stash :D

Do you have the Dutch Profile as well? It's a very handy reference.

And yes, Rick, the kit comes with the resin and PE.

Cheers,

Peter

Thx The kit is great in detail need to find the build going on here on the forum.

Dutche profle I don't have it will order it this coming week maybe drive over to AviationMegastore.

Johan

Whoohoo! Cool man, this is going to be a really neat build Johan! Those Dutch markings are going to really set it off, and look unique.

After following all your other builds in the Members Builds, and watching your style of building,...I can't wait to see this one come together. Welcome to the Group Builds dude, they're a lot of fun and I'm glad to see you here! :rolleyes: Later, Russ

Thx The kit is great in detail need to find the build going on here on the forum.

Johan

Hi Johan, missed this comment previous :lol:

here is the link to my build, if thats any help?

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...p;hl=RNZAF+339E

Though in having said that, the Dutch Buffalo's had a slightly different cockpit

layout to the RAF version (don't know if you have any photos- there is a single

one in the Buffalo in Action book, PM me if you don't have this book).

Jim Maas is a member of the forum, he may have some photos of Dutch Buffalo

cockpits (he's the Buffalo Guro)

Regards

Alan

Hi Erwin the Decals are a Afther market from Dutche profile.

Johan

I know.But what I ment was .Why not use the triangles insteed of the roundels in the aftermarketsheet.They are both Dutch.

What's the differance between the triangles and the roundels ?

Hi Erwin,

There is a story about the Dutch markings. At first, we are talking WW1, there was a orange ball. later that changed into the red white blue roundel with the orange dot in the centre. The Dutch gouverment was neutral in WW1 and had no intentions too change that, so as a result from 1939, when the war started, both German and Allied planes were considered hostile and were treated like that. In the heat of the moment there was confusion with the Dutch, English and French roundels. To prevent that we shoot up our own planes the roundel was replaced mid 1939 with the orange triangle. So for a while there were planes looking like this.

D-XXI016.jpg

This is a Fokker DXXI. We all know what happened in 1940 so the whole neutral thing didn't work. Si basicly the orange triangle was the regulation for Dutch Marking between 1939 and 1942. After that we flew in the RAF and wore their markings obvious, after WW2 the roundel as we know it was put on planes. I hope this answers your question.

Rick.

Great subject and you will enjoy building the kit. Apart from a few ill-fitting parts, it is quite nicely detailed and straight forward.

Johan

This is my attempt at a 339E, I used the F2A-2 along with the F2A-3 plans.

Hi Erwin,

There is a story about the Dutch markings. At first, we are talking WW1, there was a orange ball. later that changed into the red white blue roundel with the orange dot in the centre. The Dutch gouverment was neutral in WW1 and had no intentions too change that, so as a result from 1939, when the war started, both German and Allied planes were considered hostile and were treated like that. In the heat of the moment there was confusion with the Dutch, English and French roundels. To prevent that we shoot up our own planes the roundel was replaced mid 1939 with the orange triangle. So for a while there were planes looking like this.

Thank you.Good to know info.