Brewster Buffalo Special hobby (Dutch Decal)

Pfuf

And front view need to drill the gun barrels out and stick a little peace of steel rod in there the seam is smooth just a bit of putty to get it right.

I like the look of this model hope to do some work on the tail later and landing gear have a plane to close the landing gear wheelbay a little error I think .

greetings for now johan

post-5365-1240762221.jpg

Wow, Johan...I'm really liking the looks of this model too! I've been doing some reading on the early air-war in the Pacific, and in particular the Dutch East Indies. It wasn't as one-sided as I thought, and these AC gave a good account of themselves against the JAAF. It wasn't until they met the IJN Zeroes, and were out-numbered and against better tactics, did they get a bad rap. Wish I could find more pics and stories of these Dutch aircraft from the allied point-of-view....very fascinating stuff.

Can't wait to see more progress pics, and see what you're going to do to the wheel-wells. Hmmm, just might have to order one of these planes and do a Marine defense of Midway island version. These are too cool! Later, Russ

now realise I did forget the silicon spray

You could try Talcum Powder ( Baby powder) works very nice...dust it in and blow out your mould to eliminate areas where it may have pooled.

Your plane is looking great. I have the Finnish version of this kit. Very keen to see how the Dutch Profile decals go on.

Cheers Matty

Thx Matty for the link advice yes a bit bussy the last day's .

I need to contact a friends familie member he can help me whit the making of the casting.

I have done some little work on the plane did the rudder so need to close the wheelbay in some soort of way will post some pic's tomorow.

johan

Hello now not muche work done.

I did try to get the wheelbay closed bit dificult becose in real life they have a radius were the 2 site's meet.

Only glue the site wall in place stil have to fill the gape whit the fuselage need to make the space were the rod sticks out to the landing to make it crose over the full diameter just for now a bit grude fix.

post-5365-1241211420.jpg

O and my wingnut wings Junker I have not yet found any kit box so good filled and so little room left for anything.

real joy to read the instruction book yes book not just some white paper lol.

well good weekend for you all.

post-5365-1241211897.jpg

Hi Johan

Just a question, Why did you close up the wheel bays?

All the 339 Series Buffalo's had an open area in the wheel bay,

these photos shows this to good effect.

RAFBuffalo339E-1.jpg

Borrowed this one

buffalo.jpg

Photos of Dutch EIAF Buffalo/C/D's in F2A Buffalo in Action show the same.

Just curious as to what motivated you to do so :lol:

This link will take you to a good commentary with some photos of Dutch Buffalos

http://www.warbirdforum.com/casius.htm

Regards

Alan

O I did see on the 1 that they have in the dutche museum closed maybe the replica is not that time area.

here a pic from the museum

greetings johan

post-5365-1241216871.jpg

O I did see on the 1 that they have in the dutche museum closed maybe the replica is not that time area.

here a pic from the museum

greetings johan

Hi Johan,

That's a nice photo, be interested where the team who built the

replica got it's information?

Regards

Alan

Hello now I did some work on the wheelbays the radius that is in the bottom I try to make this need to sand it

And the tail section I made a big mistake to glue the peace together before the fuselage soputty to the rescue and taking the picture I did see it site in a little angle can life with it lol

The moost difficult things are done now need to place the flaps and cockpit windows make them fit.

johan

post-5365-1241702096.jpg

the tail need fill little holes nothing special afther this work get a panel back the extra little panels that were on there to keep the tail section there.

bb for now

post-5365-1241702388.jpg

• 1 month later...

I did work on the Buffalo Only the Weather is to good Hot is more the problem afther work and weekends I just sit in my little garden hoping rain will come soon (Strange I know) and the beache is not giving me the pleasure my hobbyroom can lol.

So I did place the rudders and needed to use some more putty to get the tail end nice smooth. did some other little work on the landing gear and will wait till I have painted the model before I fix them in place.

No real points were you can stick the landing gear in so it is a bit difficult to get that right.

here some pictures.

post-5365-1246563402.jpg