Brewster Buffalo Special hobby (Dutch Decal)

Pfuf

Hello I have done some small things seeing pictures of the plane in the field I see the tail flaps all ways dropt down a bit so yes I need to cut the tail.

I will keep a basic ootb build on the interior so I can play whit the out site.

I have a secret project yes it's for the junker and if this works I wil even make the old style drop tank's so I can hang them under the junker and BF110.

Did see a picture of a Big bomb and drop tank under the wing.

Did get from my former boss some real epoxy hope the mass don't get to hot lool O now realise I did forget the silicon spray now well maybe olive oil to use :)

back to get the flaps up and the tail I wil do 2 the control surface on the wings will get saw out to only not the flaps.

greetings hope to show a update tomorow Johan

post-5365-1239309764.jpg

Wheeew, can't wait to see what pops out of that mold, Johan!! :P Hey, olive oil isn't a bad idea at all for a mold-release agent. :rolleyes: I'll have to try that.

Kit looks really cool all spread out like that. Can't wait to see more! Later, Russ

Hi Johan,

Could you do me a favor please.

Have a look at my topic on the Belgian Buffalo's and the reply given by Alan,and see if the kit provides the parts he mentioned to make a Belgian plane.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...mp;#entry196652

If so,I will buy that kit too.But I need to make sure first that those parts are incluided.

Thanks .

Greetings,

Erwin

Hi Johan,

Could you do me a favor please.

Have a look at my topic on the Belgian Buffalo's and the reply given by Alan,and see if the kit provides the parts he mentioned to make a Belgian plane.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...mp;#entry196652

If so,I will buy that kit too.But I need to make sure first that those parts are incluided.

Thanks .

Greetings,

Erwin

Johan/Erwin

Hopefully these photos will assist you in what you are looking for

US Navy Carrier Wheel= A+B (on resin parts)

FILE0869.jpg

Curtiss Cuffed Propeller =C

FILE0870.jpg

L Shaped Pitot Tube =D

FILE0871.jpg

The windscren/Windshield, will be the same as the RAF one in the kit

The Gun sight won't be in the kit (that I could find) but is just a simple trianglular shaped

piece of metal attached to the coaming (Erwin if you would like a picture PM me)

Hope that helps

Alan

Thx for the advice Alan yes they use numbers only on the spreu they are not there.

Did A bit of work not muche to show have a new chest to store my paint in so busy on that and the junker some more work.

And Ruzikampf the mould will not dry compleetly so I have a foonnumber from a friend how's Uncle do a lot of scratch building train's and he suposed to have lot's of experience.

I hope to show you soon my big bomb fot the junker lool

greeting's johan

So a little update doing the cockpit gleu some part's together not so special as I stil have to @ wire and cable and.

Looking to the pictures the engine cowl there is no flaps to open for cooling what I can see is the cowling it self opens on both vertical sides of the cowling.

did thin down a lott of material inside the cowl to open up the sides leave the top and botom as they were so still material to connect the engine to the air frame.

the ring inside were the engine sites on leave it like it is here 2 pictures

post-5365-1239837648.jpg

1 thing Irealy cant understand is why we get these great engin'sand the little intake scoops in the nose allways lead to nothing they ar open holes in the cowl.

So for the first time I try to make it more of a intake here evergreen tube.

the hole under still need's to be done do like the result so far for the carburator intake gives a more mass to the nose.

greeting's johan

post-5365-1239837916.jpg

Hello so just sanding gleuing little part's more sanding sounds bad but it isn't I must say I like the kit more and more.

First I was a bit scared the wraped wings and body now they don't need muche forge so a bit of putty just to hide the little holes from were the spreu atache.

no fun to do I did replace the pushrod pipes very easy to do and the evergreen is pefect round.

Need to make the cabel for the bougie the cowl is done sunday is paint day I hope lol need to cut out the tail fin only I wait till the body is glued together.

johan

post-5365-1240008121.jpg

Alright, Johan!!!! Nice work on the cowling, that's a lot harder than it looks. :P I've never had this kit, but looking over the parts....it looks REAL nice. Really enjoy the 'Pluf Style' of assembly in all your builds,...so much fun to watch! :blink: Can't wait to see the next set of progress pics dude, this is really warming up nicely. Later, Russ

Hello did a bit of painting the engine here the pictures i find the cilinder rib's so very sharp real joy to dry brush whit silver :rolleyes: lol

I realy need to go to bed now morning shift hate morning shift's ok bb for now.

post-5365-1240092332.jpg

So Now I have to tell that I don't do any justic to the interior first there is so muche you can do whit it that iI belief it ill take me a other mounth to finish it.

Now I whant to just keep it a easy fast build not much fush .

That sad I run in to some trouble when I gleu the 2 pieces together i forget to pay realy godd attention to the upper front of fuselage and so I have to 2 soem and remove some material.

LoL have to look for some panel lines becose I lost some.

The tail i cut loose now the panle lines were not opposite excatly so need to @ evergreen.

The wings get on perfect no big gape only have to sand a little so the lines will follow the contour a bit funny they stick on to the surface very good the gleu was not yet dry ore I handel the plane whit out any problem.

Now pictures groeten johan

post-5365-1240761676.jpg