Dragons latest P-51D release

Craig361

In the event anyone was curious without buying the D-5 release of Dragons P-51D. With the exception of the removal of the dorsal fin and change of decals to reflect that, it is the exact same kit otherwise. Nothing else was changed.

Craig

I'm hoping I can find one!

Sprue Bros in the States has them if they have not sold out in the past couple of days. That is where I purchased mine.

(uncompensated endorsement btw)

Craig

I'm hoping I can find one!
Sprue Bros in the States has them if they have not sold out in the past couple of days. That is where I purchased mine.

(uncompensated endorsement btw)

Mike,

The old Hasegawa kit is better, in my opinion, but if you insist on buying one of the Dragon, um, offerings I can tell you that Sprue Brothers has 8 in stock as I post this, as you can see by clicking here if you're quick enough.

Charles Metz

Guest jimmie58
I picked up a couple, as it the best looking stang IMOP. Hey where aer all the resin pits for this bird?

S!

I unerstand that the Grand Phoenix Cockpit will fit ther Dragon model.

Charles, Thanks for the link. I have one of the recon birds, and I like it. I've seen some nice builds of the unbuildable kit, and like the version w/o the strake. I'm saving my pennies for the swap meet next weekend, and hoping to find a couple of kits..... stashplanes1.jpg

......not that I have nothing to build! (This is the...ahem... airplane/WWII side)

Thanks, Craig. You just saved me some money. I was hoping for some corrections but no soap.

Whoops! Sorry. I didn't mean for this to sound snotty. What I meant was I already have the first kit so I didn't need a second one if it was pretty much the same. I've got a bunch of D models, so I'm saving my pennies for a decent P51B kit instead.

Did Dragon ever fix the too narrow for the fuselage cockpit or the tires not fitting right on the hubs? I know they didn't fix the accuracy stuff, but since this was basic construction stuff, I thought they might have fixed at least that. TIA

Did Dragon ever fix the too narrow for the fuselage cockpit or the tires not fitting right on the hubs? I know they didn't fix the accuracy stuff, but since this was basic construction stuff, I thought they might have fixed at least that. TIA

It is the exact same as the original release save the removal of the dorsal fin and decal change. I compared sprues side by side from each kit for a part comparison and nothing else was changed. It still has the same too narrow cockpit floor.

Craig

There is some aftermarket stuff in production for the Dragon P-51D. Red Roo here in Australia are making some:

"We have not forgotten about the Dragon 1/32 P-51D Mustang that has recently been re-released in Oz featuring marking’s for Judy Pay and Dick Hourigan’s Mustang, CV-P. We are currently working on replacement propeller blades and un-cuffed blades, plus a pitot tube for this kit. These should be available in a couple of months time. As usual, we will let you know via out email newsletter."

www.redroomodels.com