1_32 Hasegawa Ki84

LSP_Matt

More cockpit floor

Cockpitfloor.jpg

One with the seat...some pastel work to be done on this in a minute. So far I've resisted the urge to put in seat belts...its hard

Seat1.jpg

The Engine...I had to add spark plug leads :lol: ...about to get a nice grimey wash in Burnt Umber

Engine1.jpg

Wheel wells...J.A grey XF14 ( sound OK?)

Wheelwells.jpg

Ah Matty, so you do build models! I thought it was just a vicious rumour. Looks terrific too! The aotake looks spot on to me, but I'm sure there were many variations in its colour effect, so you only need to be anal about it if you enjoy that sort of thing ( :lol: ).

I reckon you could put seat belts in if you wanted to - I won't tell the two Daves...

Kev

Guest canuck63

Hi Matty,

don't want to rain on your parade(beautiful pit btw!) or be a party-p@@per but seems like aotake was rarely,if ever,used on Ki84s!I went for a home-concocted Interior Green...you'd find my thread somewhere on the forum!

Cheers

Manny

Yes yes...I build models (lots)...I tend to have a lot in primer though and can't build fast enough for my imagination and potential projects. Still in skill aquisition mode as well...always learning and goofing up.

Thanks lads...good to be posting piccies again.

Thanks Manny...no dramas on the tip. :P I had done some research that said some early versions had that colour but in the end decided I just wanted to experiment a little for more serious builds down the track. I had to resist the temptation to get bogged down and besides I just love how alclad sprays...wow...so smooth.

:P 4 Rookie... :P )

Guest canuck63
Yes yes...I build models (lots)...I tend to have a lot in primer though and can't build fast enough for my imagination and potential projects. Still in skill aquisition mode as well...always learning and goofing up.

Thanks lads...good to be posting piccies again.

Thanks Manny...no dramas on the tip. ;) I had done some research that said some early versions had that colour but in the end decided I just wanted to experiment a little for more serious builds down the track. I had to resist the temptation to get bogged down and besides I just love how alclad sprays...wow...so smooth.

:P 4 Rookie... :rolleyes: )

Hi Matty,

I had thought that too..but after a research at J-Aircraftdotcom I went for the Interior Green option...another one being a NM finish that would have been just as nice!Oh...what the hey...nobody in this World could prove you wrong and "aotakeing" with Alclads is a real gas ;) ...I must be the only guy in town with a aotake Sherman tank...hey...I had to experiment the various shades somewhere! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love to see the finished bird!

Cheers

Manny

Holy cow he does build models!!!!

Rookie wrote:

All we've seen so far is a series of cockpits... Hey lads! Look at my collection of cockpits of the world!

post-542-1201553484.jpg

Matt ever get the feeling you are a target here :lol: :rolleyes:

Hehehe...series of cockpits... :D

A little more engine work. The fusleage sealed up just beautifully. I needed to tape the wings to get some dihedral and also keep the seal at the wing roots. Forcing that opened the seam at the leading edge of the wing...extra tape and a dose of patience was all that it required.

I had planned on using Humbrol Maskol but Hacker sent me a couple of files on a salt technique. I must practice first though but it sounds promising. Generally the kit of this kit is very nice indeed.

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

I might just finish this one eh lads?... ;) :P