1_32 Hasegawa Ki84

LSP_Matt

sorry Dave I missed that comment. I'll try get some more piccies up tonight but goofed on the decals...white first then yellow. Opps...I just smacked down those yellow ones in my haste. Another reason not to model when you're exhausted.

The technique for pipes was pretty complicated. Undercoat and then gunze rust coloured paint. Very tekonogical. :blink:

• 1 year later...

OKLidokli...have done a little more to this bad boy...a bit too complete for the Japo Empire GB

The decals fell to pieces on this kit. I also forgot to put the white under the yellow as per the instructions. Then again it was veeely late one night and you know how you 'just gotta' do some modelling. Hopefully I'll finish a model this Easter

LHSalmost.jpg

RHSalmost.jpg

Cheers Matty

Along with a Tamyia Zero this one and a Ki43 are the extend of my Japanese Pacific WWII collection. Georgeous yet simple work very straight forward and inspirational. beuatifull. Looking GREAT look forwrd to the Post Easter Pics !!

Curiosity though ? I folowed the bit about the interior colors and wheel wells. I am have to ask though.

DID you use the "Salt" Wash masking Technique ?

Did you use a different method on the Fuselage ?

Also I am a little confuddled ? The Distressed Weathered National White Background Markings on the Wings Look GREAT !!

Why dosent the fuselage White Band follow the same weathering ?

Must be my monitor but what paint color did you use on the uppersides ?

Yours MIke

DID you use the "Salt" Wash masking Technique ?

Nah...Hacker kindly sent me an article on it. I tried it but couldn't get it to work properly. In the end I used a sponge and some Maskol...then some touch ups with a brush. Overall, I'm happy enough to try harder again on the next kit...this was my first wholesale chip effort.

Did you use a different method on the Fuselage ?

Nah...I was just fiddling to different degrees. So much of my modelling is an experiment. If it turns out any good its often a fluke.

Also I am a little confuddled ? The Distressed Weathered National White Background Markings on the Wings Look GREAT !! Why dosent the fuselage White Band follow the same weathering ?

Thanks for drawing my attention to it. I'll use my finger nail on it as well. It makes better sense for them all to be hammered.

Must be my monitor but what paint color did you use on the uppersides ?

Ummm....I'll have to get back to you on that one. It was a Gunze acrylic as per the colour call out...with some yellow mixed in here n there etc. I experimented with various grades of sponge sanders getting different effects.

Glad you guys liked it.

Cheers Matty